Am I Dreaming?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Notiswas
Peasant Status

Am I Dreaming?

#1 Post by Notiswas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:17 am

Quest For Glory II by Sierra was my all-time favorite game ever. Now, without a doubt, I have a new favorite! Thank you so much AGDI! Yall are paladins to the core! I'm havin so much fun with this, I have to keep reminding myself that its real, and not a figment of my imagination (seriously.) Just ran into R2-D2 in the alleyways... scared the crap out of me! :eek

A long time ago, when Erpy was just another member on this forum and King's Quest I remake came out, I was a member of the old forum. I became a lurker for years... can't believe its been 8 whole years! I would have waited 20 additional years for this. Just wanted to pop in again and tip my hat to everyone that was apart of this project and the others. It isn't even conceivable in my mind to be able to pull something like this off, and it is a very rare and magical thing for somebody to do this for FREE out of the kindness of their heart and devotion. What devotion!

Anyhow, thanks again... you are my heroes.

-Tyler
My username was The_Mnomen back then... I won't take any offense if nobody remembers me, I have never been the full-on posting type. Hahaha

P.S. - Is it possible to get back to Shapier from Rasier in this version? In case anybody didn't know this already, the old one has a glitch where you can skip the whole caravan thing and go straight to Rasier and vice-versa, though you'd probably have to consider sucking some blue frogs :p because they won't let ya in without a visa. Just turn the speed to its highest, and run non-stop to the right of the Shapier overlook. It will take you a while, but you'll get there eventually, trust me. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Am I Dreaming?

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks for the kind words. I do remember your old username.

And yes, if you wanted to waste a lot of time, you can reach Raseir the hard way.

Notiswas
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Notiswas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks Erpy... you look no older than you did back then! :lol

Wow, you guys actually put that lil secret in the game! That's pretty darn faithful to the original I'd say! Well done.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Notiswas wrote: P.S. - Is it possible to get back to Shapier from Rasier in this version? In case anybody didn't know this already, the old one has a glitch where you can skip the whole caravan thing and go straight to Rasier and vice-versa, though you'd probably have to consider sucking some blue frogs :p because they won't let ya in without a visa. Just turn the speed to its highest, and run non-stop to the right of the Shapier overlook. It will take you a while, but you'll get there eventually, trust me. :)

All the way right works?

I am going to try this,

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:16 pm

All the way down, then all the way left.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Get ready for a long trip.

It's a couple hundred screens or so.

Bt

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#7 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Holy skareen inflation Batman. :eek

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Notiswas, yeah, I remember your old username too. Thanks for the compliments., Glad you're enjoying it!

If you want to travel from Shapeir to Raseir on foot, you might want to consider turning the game speed up all the way, and not taking your saurus.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Notiswas, yeah, I remember your old username too. Thanks for the compliments., Glad you're enjoying it!

If you want to travel from Shapeir to Raseir on foot, you might want to consider turning the game speed up all the way, and not taking your saurus.
Why no saurus? I mean, when I get there I dont want to spend hours trying to get home again. [random encounter abvoidance sort of makes sense.]

so from outlook, just go south until i hit the next range of mountains then go left, or do i have to circumnavigate another range in the way? [I have an old mapo of shapier (the land) that shows sort of a range between the two)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#10 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Well, with the saurus when you encounter monsters you'll be getting bucked off every few screens. Though, there's any easy way to 'cheat' this by riding your saurus out to the desert, dismounting, running to Rasier on foot, and then being able to return back home instantly on saurusback again. ;)

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#11 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 pm

The out-jutting range in the middle of the desert on that map is artistic license. It's not really like that in the games. It's more of a big rectangle in-game.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Schloss Ritter wrote:The out-jutting range in the middle of the desert on that map is artistic license. It's not really like that in the games. It's more of a big rectangle in-game.
Ah

In that case i feel like i havnt gone south very far when i hit the other mountain range, is that the case and its just really, really far east/west?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#13 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 pm

It's really far east, but since the POV has shifted, it means you must go to the left.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by Asrai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm

If only I had read this sooner. When I saw that you can run to Raseir I absolutely had to try it. (And I've gotten a keyboard config. down that works pretty well for combat now.) My hero and his saurus have been on their way to the right of the Shapeir overlook for an entire day and half a night. He's getting low on pills and water. Good thing home is always a skareen away! :p