QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

Re: ** Quest for Glory II HAS BEEN RELEASED **

#751 Post by Spikey » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Downloading now...

...it's kind of an exciting moment...after all these years...

...75%...

Arastior
Peasant Status

#752 Post by Arastior » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 pm

It is done! My dreams became true 8)) :D

Za_Uvek
Peasant Status

#753 Post by Za_Uvek » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Great job guys!!! I hope many out there are going to take the time to soak in this recreation of a great game (lol, I was half expecting to see a post on here saying "finished, whats next"?) :rollin

But yeah guys thanks for all the work you have put in, (ive had a great look around shapeir) and this truley lives up to the fans expectations! But most of all thanks for putting up with all of us to this point, with all the questions and constant nagging for a release and so on.

It was worth the wait, WWOO!!!! ;)

jpnuar1
Knight Status

Re: ** Quest for Glory II OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED **

#754 Post by jpnuar1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:The release date sucks.
On a similar note, although I've finished moving, I won't have power until Friday. It does kinda suck (from my standpoint) that I had to miss the opening party, and will be unable to play QFG2VGA for almost another week.

amertune
Peasant Status

#755 Post by amertune » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:07 pm

I just barely found out that it is available. I'm excited, but at work right now. I'll be playing tonight :)

I'm surprised that nobody has posted any "just beat it" posts.

RoBBiE
Peasant Status

#756 Post by RoBBiE » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm

YEAH!!!! I got it!!! First impression is that it looks great, and "feels" great as well!! :hat :rollin :rollin

avoozl snot
Royal Servant Status

#757 Post by avoozl snot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Congratulations agdi! I absolutely know this remake will be loved by fans for as many years as the original, and more.

Arastior
Peasant Status

#758 Post by Arastior » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 pm

Thank you, guys, this remake is grate!
So, what's next? Are you going to make a new remake or new game?

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#759 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Arastior wrote:Thank you, guys, this remake is grate!
So, what's next? Are you going to make a new remake or new game?
A new commercially released game through Himalaya Studios, I would say is most likely. There are many other groups doing remakes though. See my thread here: http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=11481

daventry
Knight Status

#760 Post by daventry » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I am in complete and utter shock, i received no News Letter or anything, i dident even know the Game was out, i would've wait till December to look at the Website again. >:

I am angry but very very Happy. :cry :D :cry :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

strong bad
Peasant Status

#761 Post by strong bad » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 pm

OMG has anyone found the rick roll'd secret inside of the game! AMAZING!!!!!!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#762 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Hahaha! Finally!

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#763 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 pm

I did some how I dont know how though

Maghrabi14
Peasant Status

#764 Post by Maghrabi14 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:29 am

Hurrah! This has got to be the fastest I've gone from some-times lurker to newly registered member to date. And I'm off to download and play this...probably for the rest of the night.

BeetleB
Royal Servant Status

#765 Post by BeetleB » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Haven't been to the Web site for ages (6+ months).

Pleasant surprise when I dropped by today.

Muchos Kudos!

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

Re: Official QFG2 News & Updates

#766 Post by eriqchang » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello Everyone! We hope you've had an incredible time playing Quest for Glory II!

I've moved our original update thread here into the main Quest for Glory II forum. You'll want to keep your eyes peeled tomorrow afternoon and in the coming weeks for several new announcements. Please excuse my tardiness. I've been either sleeping, playing Quest for Glory II, or catching up to real life. ;) Here's what's coming:

- Behind the Scenes with the Quest for Glory II "Battle System" : An interview with Stijn Van Empel

- The "Abdulla Doo's Amazing Fan Contest" will be posted in the Fan Section (finally! for all you starving artists.)

- The original Quest for Glory II "Famous Adventurer's Correspondence School" teaser site along with downloadable goodies will be re-uploaded to the site for those who missed them. Includes:
* The QFG2 Graduating Hero Certificate (you will find your copy in the "Course 6" class page. Be sure to post your photos in the "Graduating Class Photo Sharing" thread in this forum!)
* Lady Pyro's Color-A-Hero pages
* Battle Class 101
* all the original course brouhaha and nonsense for anyone who enjoys brouhaha and nonsense.

- The Quest for Glory II poster update! (for everyone and anyone who has or will be ordering posters, this update will cover it all.)

- and maybe one more surprise... we'll see how much time we have before we get the itch to get back to our own travels in Shapeir.

If you haven't seen the new "Adventure Classic Gaming" interview with the QFG2 Development Team, be sure to check it out here!

Stick around. We're not done with you YET. If you are contest hungry, this is the update for you - loyal fans will be rewarded handsomely... there are, in fact, TWO contests. More to come!

Adieu, Bon Voyage, Muchos Besos,
eriq

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#767 Post by eriqchang » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:15 am

Enjoy the latest Quest for Glory II website update!

- New front page News & Updates button (click here to find out all the up-to-date information on promotions and game events)
- Fan Section updates (Contest, FACS original teaser site link & downloads)
- Behind the Scenes : Feature 2 Posted!

Enjoy!
- eriq

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#768 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:51 am

If I actually had visual artistic talent, I'd enter the art contest for those Grand Prizes. Nice haul.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#769 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 am

Awesome update, thanks Eriq.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#770 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 am

Alright, Version1.1 of the Quest for Glory II Remake is now live on the site and ready for download. Point your browser to the downloads page to get it.

Warning: the new version invalidates all save games from v1.0, so please keep this in mind when upgrading.

Also, remember to uninstall the previous version of the game before installing this new version.

The new release contains the following changes:

BUGS FIXED SINCE VERSION 1.0 (SPOILERS BELOW)
-------------------------------------------------
-Fixed various in-game spelling and grammar issues.
-Fixed various Game Manual spelling and grammar issues.
-Fixed the game crashing if you pressed the up/down arrow keys while the save GUI was on-screen with no save-games listed.
-Fixed a fatal crash caused by having the sound volume slider bar set to the very bottom.
-Fixed the unintended 'Game Over' scenario when clicking any inventory item on the Shapeirian guard, Jabbar bin Ma'amar.
-Fixed the Hero running to the wrong coordinates when interacting with various alley doors.
-Fixed the icon bar disappearing when saving the game in the alley outside Aziza's house.
-Fixed an exploit in being able to boost Honor too quickly by greeting Rakeesh repeatedly.
-Fixed an exploit in being able to boost Communication too quickly by talking to the Griffin repeatedly.
-Fixed the Hero's overloaded walking speed from being reset when exiting to the Shapeir city overlook screen.
-Fixed Agi the Acrobat's speech textboxes from recurring when trying to access the icon bar.
-Fixed some tint level discrepancies when fighting as the screen is fading to night.
-Fixed a bug that caused Aziza's door text to appear on the WIT wizards' parser menu in the WIT Hall.
-Fixed a fatal crash when filling and emptying the basket with sand in the desert.
-Fixed a door in the simplified alley system from acting like a dropped lamp when interacting with it.
-Fixed a freeze-up when dying at midnight on day 16 if the game tried to auto-send the Hero back to the Inn to meet the caravan.
-Fixed an oversight where Harik wouldn't warn about not purchasing any more tails/claws if you offered him the exact amount required to reach his cap.
-Fixed the Hero getting stuck occasionally when standing from the table at the Blue Parrot Inn.
-Fixed a glitch where winning Force Bolt Flurry after nightfall caused the Hero to leave Keapon's shop before being given his prize.
-Fixed a glitch that caused the battle victory music to play when the music slider was set to the very bottom.
-Fixed being able to tell Aziza that Omar sent you before you have met him.
-Fixed the spelling of Jamil Darb for Beauty Avenue.
-Fixed Ali Fakir's speech textboxes from recurring when trying to access the icon bar.
-Fixed a glitch saying that a merchant is watching when picking an alley door's lock when the stall is vacant.
-Fixed a discrepancy with not being able to toss all of your standard daggers in combat if you have the Silver Dagger.
-Fixed being able to bring up the Restart Game menu on the title screen, character select screen, and stats assignment screen.
-Fixed a fatal crash that could occur when getting burnt during the Fire Elemental encounter.
-Fixed a bug where the "You are so exhausted everything hurts" message could appear immediately after resting or sleeping.
-Fixed sleeping at Julanar's alcove causing the Hero to clip through rocks and walls.
-Fixed a freeze-up that could occur when Issur kicked you out of his Weapons Shop.
-Fixed a fatal crash that could occur when exiting a desert screen which gave the message "Error: MoveCharacter: character not in current room".
-Fixed a freeze-up which occurred when mounting the saurus in the caged beast screen.
-Fixed a bug where placing the lamp on the alley floor captured the Fire Elemental after it had already retreated back to the Gate Plaza.
-Fixed a fatal crash that occurred when pressing CTRL-J to access the diary while mounted on the saurus.
-Fixed Shema prematurely talking about not serving tea on account of the Water Elemental on day 12.
-Fixed a bug where it was possible to start the game as a Fighter with two Broadswords.
-Fixed a bug where challenging Uhura to combat one second before nightfall caused the Hero to be sent outside, resulting in a series of graphical glitches.
-Fixed Alichica's directions to the moneychanger for the simplified alleyway system.
-Fixed a bug that allowed the compass to be turned on when the Death GUI was on screen.
-Fixed a minor text/graphical positioning glitch in a Death GUI in the Wizard's endgame ritual.
-Fixed a clipping error where it was possible to walk through the wall when exiting Issur's shop during the robbery.
-Fixed a freeze-up which could occur when simultaneously overexerting and hurting yourself to death.
-Fixed being able to look at the star constellations in the sky at daytime when they were not visible.
-Fixed text from being displayed in a borderless textbox if Zap or Reversal was cast while the mouse arrow was hovering over an alley exit.
-Fixed a bug where having Reversal or Zap active allowed the Hero to walk across the river in the Forbidden City water cave.
-Fixed a bug that allowed the icon bar to be accessed while the game was paused in the Forbidden City water cave screen,
-Fixed a bug that caused the Hero being stuck in a non-walkable area after saving and restoring in the Forbidden City water cave screen.
-Fixed an oversight where a thief with Magic gained 7 points for calming Khaveen.
-Fixed it so that it's easier to hit the candle with a dagger or rock in the thief's endgame scenario.
-Fixed it so that imported characters will now be given a Thieves' License if they have either a lock-pick or toolkit.
-Fixed it so that clicking the Walk icon from the icon bar now cancels out the last-cast spell.
-Fixed the mouse pointer from reverting to the Walk icon if F5 or F7 was pressed while the arrow pointer was hovering over an alley exit.
-Fixed a graphical glitch with the Hero's sprite that could occur if a monster made contact as the game simultaneously triggered a screen change.
-Fixed the icon bar from popping up while Levitating/climbing the Magic Rope if the options menu was open.
-Fixed it so that patrolling night guards will catch you trying to pick the locks on the Plaza doors while the guard is only partially in the screen.
-Fixed an incorrect caged beast description from appearing after the beast was dead or gone from the cage.
-Fixed a bug with stat initialization and the Communication skill at the start of the game.

-Added the ability to press the Escape key to exit Uhura's combat tutorial.
-Added some missing functionality (and a missing Death Message) for being able to turn on/off the lamp in the Forbidden City screens.
-Added the thief-only ability to toss daggers in rapid succession during battle.
-Added combat functionality so that monsters are slower to react on the "easy" difficulty level. A random 1-point damage bonus is also added to player attacks.
-Added additional enemies to the Warrior's Journal.

Have fun!

mordrack
Peasant Status

Re: Official QFG2 News & Updates: Version 1.1 Released (page 31)

#771 Post by mordrack » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 am

A word of warning. The new version invalidates old saves as well as resetting blue frog mode unlock status.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#772 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 am

Yes, I forgot to mention that it invalidates v1.0 savegames. Thanks for the reminder. I have added this to my above post.

daventry
Knight Status

#773 Post by daventry » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks, im redownloading the Game again. :D

When will KQ1VGA & KQ2VGA be available :)

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#774 Post by eriqchang » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm

We are working on a new AGD site as well as companion sites for both the original King's Quest releases. When they're posted, fans who have signed up for the official newsletter will be notified first. They'll be available when they're ready! ;)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#775 Post by DrJones » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:37 pm

daventry wrote:Thanks, im redownloading the Game again. :D

When will KQ1VGA & KQ2VGA be available :)
When they're done. Let's hope it's before the Large Hadron Collider destroys the world.