Crashed Upon Loading

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Scuzz
Peasant Status

Crashed Upon Loading

#1 Post by Scuzz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm

To begin with I am acquainted with your KQ remakes, as my wife loves them. I played the QFG games back in the day and look forward to playing your update.

However, upon downloading the game and clicking on it to get started I had a big problem. The screen went black, music played, and I got a monitor message that the monitor couldn't handle the "input". I ended up having to use the safe mode and restore to get things back to normal as just turning off the machine wouldn't reset things.

I used your base setup.

I have a almost new Vista machine.

Any ideas. PS...there was a windows update installed just prior to this event.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Crashed Upon Loading

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Have you tried playing around with the graphic settings (resolution, filters and letterbox mode) in the setup?

Scuzz
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Scuzz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Based upon the initial reaction to the program I haven't tried playing with it since. I may try it on another computer that should it go down won't cause a riot in my household.

Normally if a program doesn't run properly the first thing I would try would be to adjust some of the settings. With the KQ game updates done by AGDI we had no problems.

chakarum
Peasant Status

#4 Post by chakarum » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 pm

This may be due to the monitor/graphics card not recognizing the output resolution. Bester has a solution for this in THIS thread, for nVidia cards. Maybe this is what you are experiencing.