QF2 Walk-through??

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jim24
Peasant Status

QF2 Walk-through??

#1 Post by Jim24 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Will a newly updated (walk-through/strategy guide) for this upgraded version become available at some point?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: QF2 Walk-through??

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:21 pm

I dunno. I wrote walkthroughs for KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA, but at that point, I wasn't on the development team yet and had more time. That said, CyricZ has expressed some interest in adapting his walkthrough to QFG2VGA. I really don't think I'd be able to write a more thorough guide than he could.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Erpy wrote:I dunno. I wrote walkthroughs for KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA, but at that point, I wasn't on the development team yet and had more time. That said, CyricZ has expressed some interest in adapting his walkthrough to QFG2VGA. I really don't think I'd be able to write a more thorough guide than he could.
No, you couldn't. No offense Erpy, but CyricZ is dang good at what he does.

His baseline QfG2 walkthrough covers a fair bit of the remake. It's the not-insignificant amount of extra stuff that will take a while. The combat system in particular, I'd imagine.

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 pm

You'll probably find that using an old walkthrough made for QFG2EGA would suffice as AGDI haven't made any real changes to the puzzle structure. I was stuck on a puzzle that I couldn't remember and (sorry) quickly skimmed an old walkthrough for the original game and it was pretty much the same guidelines as the remake. But if you're stuck, just ask here and not resort to just following the walkthrough the entire time. That's like copying off someone else's exam... you'll get a good result but won't feel like you've accomplished anything. ;)