Bug Re: Magic Map

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cordsie
Peasant Status

Bug Re: Magic Map

#1 Post by cordsie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi All,

First, I'd like to add my thanks and praise to the developers. This is probably my favorite in the series and you've done a remarkable job on the remake.

Second, I'd like to raise the possibility that a new bug might exist. In a savegame that I have, whenever I click the magic map on the hero to pull it up, I get a message along the lines of 'You're too busy to do that right now'. Saving and reloading or moving around the screen doesn't change it, and the map is essentially unusable.

Before this happened I was on the griffin screen and seemed unable to cast a spell or call up the hero status bar due to similar messages. I had also just run away from a combat, and the saurus went AWOL (I had thought he came back after a fight in all circumstances, but I might be wrong).

Does any of this sound like known issues? If not, I can post the save file where the map problem is happening.

thanks again, and great work

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Bug Re: Magic Map

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:43 pm

This bug has been reported before. It's apparantly caused by casting levitate at the griffin's screen while not having the mana for it.

cordsie
Peasant Status

#3 Post by cordsie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Yep, sounds like something I might have done (mana's expensive in this game). Thanks for the reply.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 pm