What If : what if we could mod this game

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

nightlite
Peasant Status

What If : what if we could mod this game

#1 Post by nightlite » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 am

I'm sorry to the devs if this is a crazy request, but I just have to ask playing the game as a thief. I was thinking, DAMN, it would be amazing to add more content like 20 thief missions :) Now the devs shouldn't be put into slavery doing stuff like that, but what if you let the community try their hand modding more on to the game? I doubt this is sometihng they've prepared for but heck let us do it even if it's a mess and it's at our own peril imo :p just a thought, hopeless begging, maybe... :p

Relight
Archival Expert

Re: What If : what if we could mod this game

#2 Post by Relight » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:27 am

Kind of a cool idea in theory for an adventure game. However, the engine behind the game, AGS, is not built for that. Although I could definitely imagine someone building an AGS game that did have that capability, if they planned it that way from the beginning.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 am

Hah, that 3th thief mission already took months of work. People who think they could just simply and quickly add 20 thief missions would be in for a surprise.

b74life
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by b74life » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 pm

What if like 4 or 5 new thief missions done by multiple people put together?

Also speaking of modding could we mod it to add more monsters? Thatd be sweet. Esp since theres nothing new in rasier-side desert and the battles arent even hard when you got the uber-saurus

nightlite
Peasant Status

#5 Post by nightlite » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah it could be great. And then people could add anything, voice pack, areas, monsters. I think it would be cool. I'd rather make mods for something with so much character like QFG than the other stuff out that's very generic like Oblivion.

GloomSaber
Peasant Status

#6 Post by GloomSaber » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:31 am

l am wondering if it is possible for sprite mods be inserted into this title easily? I mean, it would be cool if there were custom sprite edits like having the hero in his post QG2 outfit in the game or havin Ad Aviz sporting his attire from the ega QG2 game but updated for the remake.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 am

No, I'm afraid it's not.

nightlite
Peasant Status

#8 Post by nightlite » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 am

there's always a way, such as someone making tools. people even hex edit games that don't have any. it would depend on some bored coder leading the way :lol

the_black_planet
Peasant Status

#9 Post by the_black_planet » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Sorry guys,I'm new to the forum and I haven't searched a lot on the topics yet so my question will probably have been answered allready but please tell my,would it be possibly to create an add-on for the Trial by Fire VGA remake with the hero wearing the outfit of the QFG3 & 4 games?I don't know how many people would like that,personally I'm a lot familiar with this outfit cause I spend most of my playing time in the previous mentioned games.What our favorite programmers think about that?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Put simply, it's too much work for what's basically a gimmick. There's over a thousand of frames that would need to be redone and we don't think it'd add a lot.