thief must fight griffin?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

PaperAssassin
Peasant Status

thief must fight griffin?

#1 Post by PaperAssassin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 am

Hi everyone, I got the griffin feather by climbing up the magic rope and yanking one out. Now whenever I travel across the desert I get attacked by the griffin. Is there anyway I can avoid this fight, or do I have to fight to the death? (escape is not an option). I'd really rather not fight if I don't have to as this will be one that will take forever - every blow I land takes only a sliver of health off.

adeyke

Re: thief must fight griffin?

#2 Post by adeyke » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

You could have let the sleeping griffin lie (there were feathers not attached to it), but it seems it's too late for that now.

hypn
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by hypn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:12 am

I just moved the rock on the ground (as thief) ?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:43 am

You can also get one from the nest, but you must click on the nest and not on the griffin.

PaperAssassin
Peasant Status

#5 Post by PaperAssassin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 am

Ahh, grab from the nest, not rip one off the griffin himself :lol no one he's mad

Well, it's too late to turn back since I've already done the deed (and saved over my game) I guess I will have to fight. However, in case anyone else runs into this problem it turns out the griffin isn't that hard to beat afterall. You only have to knock his energy bar down to half before he flies away.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am

Yes, but he'll be back.

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Tye » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 am

And in greater numbers...

So, I totally hear you on it taking forever to fight something with a thief... good grief, I had nearly a 30 minute battle yesterday...but that's mainly because I was in a graphics setting that slowed the battles down 3x their regular speed.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#8 Post by Goilveig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 am

Tye wrote:And in greater numbers...

So, I totally hear you on it taking forever to fight something with a thief... good grief, I had nearly a 30 minute battle yesterday...but that's mainly because I was in a graphics setting that slowed the battles down 3x their regular speed.
If you're a thief, your goal is not to let the monster put you in battle mode :D Sneak attack > slow battles

Prio
Knight Status

#9 Post by Prio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:49 pm

You can't sneak attack the gryphon. But if you piss the gryphon off, it serves you right. :9