dying and the saurus

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

dying and the saurus

#1 Post by Chief » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm

haha.. i spent a lot of money and now i can't afford the saurus. unfortunately i can't sell anything so i pretty much have to start over since the game kills you after a certain time when you decide to go to the desert without buying a saurus.

anyone else run into this?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: dying and the saurus

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:48 pm

I did but I was outside so I killed the brigands around for enough money. Alternatively you can just wait til night when Ali Fakir closes shop.

GrahamCracker4
Peasant Status

#3 Post by GrahamCracker4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 pm

I didn't know you had to buy the Saurus right away so I entered the screen and I died because it was the guy's last offer and I had only like 10 dinars. I had to go to my only other save and kill guys all night to get enough money for it (and my combat was so low the ghoul was a pain). So yes, I did have the same problem.

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#4 Post by BesterP12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:29 pm

I had that problem in my current playthrough. I rarely play fighters, but I'm playing one fighter shooting for paladin since it's been so long since I've done EOF. I was rushing through and forgot about the saurus.

If you have the parser or combo interface, you can click on him and type bargain until you get him down to 10 dinars.

Not sure how to do that with the P&C interface. I guess you'd keep selecting price maybe?

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:33 pm

No, when he says "I'll sell it to you for such and such" you just click talk on yourself and say "No" until you get down to his final price which is *SPOILER, FOLKS* 5 dinars.

AtypicalChuck
Peasant Status

#6 Post by AtypicalChuck » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

I bought the Saurus and never rode it any. 3-4 full water skins and I can go anywhere in the desert to level up without worrying much.

papste
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by papste » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:22 pm

You can bargain Ali Fakir until he drops the price to 5 dinars. I don't think anyone would have trouble finding 5 dinars, go out in the desert and just kill a brigand or something :D

Chief
Knight Status

#8 Post by Chief » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 pm

oh thanks.. i somehow missed the bargaining with that guy!

i thought it was a hilarious way to die anyway...

Goilveig
Knight Status

#9 Post by Goilveig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 pm

dungeonsofdorks wrote:No, when he says "I'll sell it to you for such and such" you just click talk on yourself and say "No" until you get down to his final price which is *SPOILER, FOLKS* 5 dinars.
When I had little cash (20 dinars or so) he never even gave me that sales spiel.