The background art is amazing!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

The background art is amazing!

#1 Post by ATMachine » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm

I've finished all 3 paths now, and I was wowed throughout by the level of detail that went into making the art for QFG2VGA.

The 8 years were well worth it - the AGD team's graphic skills have improved a thousand times since KQ1VGA.

Observe!

Here's the final version of the Katta's Tail Inn dining room:

And here's what it looked like at first (from the fansite pack):

A world of difference. Kudos to whoever did the art - it's much, much, oh so much better for the wait.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: The background art is amazing!

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 pm

The lower one was indeed the prototype that appeared on the initial Tierra site and that's what the game looked like when I joined the development team in 2003. Over time, most backgrounds have been touched up several times to get rid of the collaged textures and rough edges. Looking back I shudder to see how rough the initial art was.

synthe
Peasant Status

#3 Post by synthe » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 pm

omg i have to agree. the background art is amazing!!! im still just barely getting to the air elemental so i have much yet to see :D but the first thing that stunned me were the new graphics in the city streets! amazing! it adds so much to shapeir just to see the background of the city as you walk down the streets. <3 you guys are the best agdi

Jackhomer
Knight Status

#4 Post by Jackhomer » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Dialogue portraits are awesome as well. I think the game feels visually like it hopped out of 1993, which is awesome :)