Just some questions

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SergeWolf
Peasant Status

Just some questions

#1 Post by SergeWolf » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey. I just want to say thank you for your hard work on this game, because I recently just decided to play the entire seires, starting from the first game.

Now I'm in the 2nd remake, and I've got a few questions I'm worried about.

Are there time specific events based on the days? I'm on day four, playing a wizard, and I'm still not exactly sure what I'm suppose to do.

I've gotten force bolt, levitate, I've completed the WIT test and gotten reversal, I saw Sheema's dances, heard Olaf's poem, had my fortune told, completed both Aziza's and keapon's Mage games. I got a copy of the Inn key, gave 8 ghoul claws to the apothocary, I bought a saurus for 20 dinari. I've watered the tree lady.

I've peeked through certain threads, and i know I've probably missed a few things.
I'm not exactly sure what I should do, I free kind of aimless. Did I miss a plot related event?

adeyke

Re: Just some questions

#2 Post by adeyke » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 pm

The main plot points that will happen in Shapeir are the appearances of elementals that you have to defeat. You'll notice when that happens ;).

SergeWolf
Peasant Status

#3 Post by SergeWolf » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

That makes me feel a bit better that I haven't completely missed some important things. As of right now I'm trying to find the Dervish place, But I think I might need a map and a compass, but i think I can't now cause the Italian guy's Stall was burnt down.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#4 Post by Goilveig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:44 am

SergeWolf wrote:That makes me feel a bit better that I haven't completely missed some important things. As of right now I'm trying to find the Dervish place, But I think I might need a map and a compass, but i think I can't now cause the Italian guy's Stall was burnt down.
Didn't you get the city map and compass? You mentioned having dinars for the saurus, I assume you got a map of the city too at that time? It's not absolutely needed but very very very useful. There's only 1 map and 1 compass. If you never bought any map or compass from the guy at the front gate... I'd reload on day 4 and do so. Compass isn't really a big deal (though handy at times), map is more important.

Anyhow, the guard can tell you how to reach the dervish at the oasis.

Lastly, to make sure you don't miss stuff:

* Each morning and evening, go to the inn. Eat breakfast and dinner (sometimes Sheema gives you info when she brings it out).

* If you're a thief, visit the money changer every evening too.

* Every day, check the three plazas and the adventurer's guild hall sometime during the day.

If you do that, the chances of missing anything important are pretty damn small. Find the astrologer and Aziza too, you'll need to talk to them (actually, I don't think you NEED the astrologer for anything other than points).

Prio
Knight Status

#5 Post by Prio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Technically, you don't need to visit Aziza to complete the game, but some of the puzzles will be a heck of a lot harder.