Earth Elemental?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sarahtg
Peasant Status

Earth Elemental?

#1 Post by sarahtg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:13 am

I apologize if I'm an idiot, but I seriously cannot beat the Earth Elemental...I'm a magic user and I can usually get one or two flame darts at him but then he starts popping down and popping up and then beating me and I can't step back and get a flame in...any suggestions??

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

Re: Earth Elemental?

#2 Post by ATMachine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:18 am

SPOILERS:

The best way to take on the Earth Elemental is to use the "charged Flame Dart" skill. This only shows up after you do two things. First, pass the WIT initiation, and afterward, beat Aziza at Wizard's Whirl. After you win the game, in combat you can hold down the Flame Dart hotkey to charge up a super-powered spell. This should only take about 3/4 tries to knock out the Earth Elemental.

Also, keep in mind that the Earth Elemental won't fight you forever; if it takes enough damage, it will run away and meet you again elsewhere in the streets, so you have a short break to heal up.

PS - if you're having trouble with combat, go to Options, turn down the "game skill" meter, and enable the auto-assist feature (most people set it to full Defense so as to have more chances to attack).

adeyke

#3 Post by adeyke » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:40 am

Also, try to get a few shots at it before actually entering combat.

sarahtg
Peasant Status

#4 Post by sarahtg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:29 am

thanks -- finally! got him...took forever, kept having to save and restore but I'm in good shape now!