game art: Cornelius Glory

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

game art: Cornelius Glory

#1 Post by JustLuke32 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:47 pm

Here's a character whom I'm working on:

His name is Cornelius Glory and he is a citizen of an alternate-world late Victorian London. It's the sort of foggy, gas-lit place where people such as Doctor Jekyl, Jack the Ripper, Sherlock Holmes, Dorian Gray, and Fu Manchu might feel at home, not to mention Dracula and Cthulhu style beasties.

Cornelius would describe himself as an inventor, poet, and gentleman explorer. I would describe him as a cross between Sherlock Holmes, Oscar Wilde, Allan Quatermain, the Doctor from Doctor Who, and the actor, Peter Cushing. He's the protagonist in a novella that I'm writing and I'm also toying with the idea of featuring him in a small point and click adventure game - hence this post.

edit - and here he is with clothes. The coat is unfinished. It needs lapels and pockets.

pass
Royal Servant Status

Re: game art: Cornelius Glory

#2 Post by pass » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:09 am

Wow.... that looks really good!
the eyes look a little off.... gives him somewhat of a scary look. but everything else looks really good! good job!

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by JustLuke32 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Finished:

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by JustLuke32 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 pm

A small update - an environment/lighting/mood test. I'm trying to get the right "feel" for Cornelius's drawing room here, which will eventually resemble a cross between a Victorian drawing room with steampunk trimmings and the TARDIS from Doctor Who. I've not had much time to work on it.

moonlit
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by moonlit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Looks great!

What 3D software do you use?

LoriAnnCole
Peasant Status

#6 Post by LoriAnnCole » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:39 am

It's a great look, and a very fun time period/genre for a game. I hope to see more of this as you develop it.