Finished!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Finished!

#1 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Well I finally finished the game with 3 or 4 questions on here when I got a little stuck and almost no walkthrough (didn't know about the incense part) and I just have to say WOW! This is the best early birthday present I've ever gotten (I say that as if I'm not playing the game on a new Mac) Everything in this game had such a sensitive touch and all fell together perfectly. I waited til this game came out before ever playing it, I briefly touched on the EGA version but didn't want to spoil the magic that was this. I am so glad I waited! This is by far the best of all the Quest For Glory games and I can see why you'd want to redo it from EGA now. All the extras in the game made it absolutely outstanding. A special hats off to Erpy who even went as far as responding to my personal messages to him for little hints and information on the game and especially for implementing the new combat system. As soon as I faced my first brigand I wanted the system in every game. I even like it more than QFGIV's fighting. Thanks to everyone else on the team as well, this game was truly a magical experience and I've stayed up all night both nights since release just playing and stat grinding and playing and puzzle solving.... and playing some more. It was my first time through and even if some parts were a little slow (I slept days away and still had max stats at the end) I never knew exactly how it was going to turn out. Also huge high five to whoever wrote Keapon Lafon's game. That was hours of entertainment.

This is possibly the best game I've played this year which says quite a bit. Maybe I'll record my next play through and try to get the full 500 points. Also is it possible to skill up climbing other than that cave at the end? Regardless I really appreciate all the work you guys have put into this game. It was a hoot. Maybe now I can get some sleep.

It is Midday on Day 3. You are getting Tired. You are very Hungry. You are so Exhausted everything you do hurts.

Chief
Knight Status

Re: Finished!

#2 Post by Chief » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 pm

wow, impressive!

how long did you play for before finishing it?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

I'd say I've clocked somewhere around 20 hours into the game so far. Maybe more, I'm not sure. All I know is I saw 2 sunrises out my window before I finished.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Yes, you can max out climbing too.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 am

Using the Rope or do you have to do it there at the end?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:48 am

No, early in the game.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:59 am

ohhh Griffin, gotcha. It was my only stat below 200 at the end

adeyke

#8 Post by adeyke » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 am

Not the Griffin. Once you have enough climbing skill, you recognize it as unclimbable and don't even attempt it. There's something new in the remake that'll let you climb as much as you want. Or rather, something that was already in the original has been made climbable.

papste
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by papste » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 am

You can max climbing skill by climbing one of the palm tree at the oasis in the desert, where the dervish is.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#10 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 am

oh cool! thanks.

daventry
Knight Status

#11 Post by daventry » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

What does the End of the Game towards QFG3 look like, since in the EGA Version it mislead you to QFG4 Shadows of Darkness.

adeyke

#12 Post by adeyke » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

It correctly points to the real QfG3.

daventry
Knight Status

#13 Post by daventry » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Could you show a Screenshot or a small Video please ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#14 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Or maybe you could just finish the game yourself.

synthe
Peasant Status

#15 Post by synthe » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 am

i just finished this as well. it was great fun :) this is the first time i tried to play all the way through as just a magic user (meaning i didnt give myself skills i shouldnt need like parry/throwing/climbing etc to make certain puzzles simpler lol) i ended with 483 of 500 pts but the only thing i forgot to do that i can think of is give the astrologer my correct name back in the beginning (i didnt remember what name i made this early on lol). i also did NOT get to become a paladin, altho i wasnt trying that hard...

oh i think it was bcus i killed the gryphon. u cant become a pal if u do that can you? xD lol

will have to try at it again sometime soon but for now im off to wages of war and the rest wooooo

GloriousHeroine
Peasant Status

#16 Post by GloriousHeroine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 am

This game was AWESOME. Finished with 544/550 points (Yes, I became a paladin). Lemme just say, Khaveen is TOUGH!

Probably will play again as a thief and a magician.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#17 Post by Erpy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:00 am

Yes, you can become a pally if you kill the griffin, but you need to get everything else right in terms of paladinhood criteria.

Quadhund1
Peasant Status

#18 Post by Quadhund1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:29 am

I just finished my first run through on the game... IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!! Brilliant! Awesome! Amazing! I was so happy how true to form it was. And the little changes were done very well.

SEMI-SPOILERS!
There are only 2 changes I didn't care for: the brigand attack not being as overwhelming (lot more caravan people and not any black squiggly guys). Other part was the end credits: I think you guys should have kept it Quest for Glory III: Shadows of Darkness, even though it is a total misnomer.

Combat system was awesome. You guys did an excellent job with it.

MORE SPOILERS:
I was a little disheartened to find it wasn't any easier to get paladin status as a fighter. I could never do it as a fighter when I was kid playing the original. Always got paladin status as a mage. So here are some of the things I'd like clues in whether or not I should have done as a fighter to get paladin status:
I killed Merv (the Griffin)
I joined the EOF (but I refused to finish walid)
I offered Khaveen his blade back
I grabbed my blade when it was open (did not initiate any of the other options)
I had 200 honor at the end of the game
Plenty of flowers passed around
Fought Rakeesh in adventurer's guild
Wore the glasses when Zayishah changes

Any suggestions on what I should have done differently would be nice! (I suspect a majority lies within joining the EOF).

Thanks for a wonderful game.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#19 Post by Goilveig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:37 am

Quadhund1 wrote: Wore the glasses when Zayishah changes
Not very honorable, was that?

-- Spoilers (highlight to reveal) --

That's new to the remake, BTW; in the remake using the glasses counts as a "moral lapse". The other moral lapses that automatically disqualify you:

* Killing Khaveen when he's unarmed.
* Taking money from Omar's purse before returning the purse.
* Having to be reminded (by Uhura) to return Rakeesh's sword.
* Entering any of the buildings for the thief missions.
* Trying to kill a helpless opponent in your EOF initiation.

You also need to get 25 points from the following:
* Return Omar's purse - 7 points.
* Return Rakeesh's sword without being reminded - 5 points
* Be polite to Aziza - 3 points.
* Give money to the beggar multiple times - 5 points.
* Refuse to kill Walid at the EOF fight - 7 points.
* Let Khaveen retrieve his sword (fighter) or cast Calm on Khaveen (mage) - 7 points.

Killing the griffin takes away 5 points, by the way, so if you do that, you need 30/34 of the above.

And you need enough honor (75 I think)

-- End Spoilers

seraphssavior
Peasant Status

#20 Post by seraphssavior » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:51 am

I've got a quick question in regards to the end of the game, as a thief.
Spoilers:

I've taken out the eunuch with a dagger, and used the rope to climb up, but when I run to the left, it takes me to the screen with Khaveen on it, instead of the Harem. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I'm able to complete the game at this point, but I don't think I'm getting all the points that I can.

Thanks!

Goilveig
Knight Status

#21 Post by Goilveig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:03 am

seraphssavior wrote:I've got a quick question in regards to the end of the game, as a thief.

-- Spoilers (highlight to reveal) --

It's probably because either your rope ran out of charges, or you don't have enough throwable items to finish the game. You need enough daggers to knock over a candle and chuck a few at Ad Avis.

Though I didn't kill the eunuch, I waited till he ran out to the right and then climbed up.

-- End Spoilers

seraphssavior
Peasant Status

#22 Post by seraphssavior » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks, there were some other threads that helped to clarify that, too. I just finished with the score of 500 out of 500, and it was pretty damn awesome.