jackalman fight reward amount

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

techie775
Knight Status

jackalman fight reward amount

#1 Post by techie775 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I thought in the original the more jackalmen you fight the more money you get when you search their bodies. I killed off 4 of them and my reward was 4 dinars. That seems the same when you fight off one. Cause I remember in the original fighting off packs and getting like 25 dinars.

AtypicalChuck
Peasant Status

Re: jackalman fight reward amount

#2 Post by AtypicalChuck » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Make sure you search the separate "piles' of dead bodies. I'm not sure if when two/three creatures stack if their Dinars add to each other but if you're good you can kill them one after another so the fall down on empty space without ending up piled on their comrades then you can search them one at a time.

Worth it? Depends on if the Dinars they would all drop individually get totaled together I suppose!

techie775
Knight Status

#3 Post by techie775 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Well I tried it after you said that. I only got two piles for 4 jackalmen but it better than one. Thanks for the info.

Prio
Knight Status

#4 Post by Prio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 pm

In beta, piles of jackals would be somewhat lower in value than the individual corpses would be worth (more difficult to search a tangled pile), but certainly not nearly as low as four for four.
Make sure to search ALL the bodies, as ATC mentioned. Also, if you flee during a jackpack fight, any jackal corpses already on the ground will be lost forever: if you kill three out of four jackals, flee, and then fight and kill the one remaining jackal, you will get only one corpse worth of loot.

nightlite
Peasant Status

#5 Post by nightlite » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:33 pm

They're not that rewarding anyway though, but it's fun to fight them and kick them when you're stronger.