QG5 Arena

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Germain
Peasant Status

QG5 Arena

#1 Post by Germain » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:16 pm

I know that each week there is a different champion, but what is the full progression of the arena? What happens at the end of the full progression? I can't seem to find the information in any faq.

Thanks.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: QG5 Arena

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Eventually, you'll get the option to become champion. Winning while you're champion gets you extra drachma and backed by bets on yourself, you can make a fortune that week. After fighting Abduel, Magnum, Gort, Toro and Elsa, the competition will basically end and you can't enter the arena anymore.

Germain
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Germain » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I debated: "General Forum", "Off Topic", or "QG Forum".

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:37 pm

Erpy wrote:Eventually, you'll get the option to become champion. Winning while you're champion gets you extra drachma and backed by bets on yourself, you can make a fortune that week.
I haven't tested this yet, but you might actually make more money by throwing the matches during your time as champion. Challengers are always the bigger payoff on the betting board. The only question is whether or not the loss of the champion's prize purse covers the difference (and whether you can live with the shame and dishonor of fixing the matches).

Overall, the Arena matches go on for 30 days. Kokeeno is champion for the first 5 days, followed by Magnum Opus, Toro, Elsa, Gort, and you. Eventually, Gort will replace Kokeeno on the challenger list and Magnum Opus will no longer be competing (leaving a bye day whenever he should have been scheduled).

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#5 Post by Schloss Ritter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:24 am

Brainiac wrote:
Erpy wrote:Eventually, you'll get the option to become champion. Winning while you're champion gets you extra drachma and backed by bets on yourself, you can make a fortune that week.
I haven't tested this yet, but you might actually make more money by throwing the matches during your time as champion. Challengers are always the bigger payoff on the betting board. The only question is whether or not the loss of the champion's prize purse covers the difference (and whether you can live with the shame and dishonor of fixing the matches).

Overall, the Arena matches go on for 30 days. Kokeeno is champion for the first 5 days, followed by Magnum Opus, Toro, Elsa, Gort, and you. Eventually, Gort will replace Kokeeno on the challenger list and Magnum Opus will no longer be competing (leaving a bye day whenever he should have been scheduled).
I never saw a bye day when I completed all the fights before starting the rites. I always wondered what would happen if the champion or challenger was unable to compete on their scheduled days though.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:34 am

In Kokeeno's case, if he can no longer compete in certain scheduled fights, Gort may take his position. In Magnum's case, no one is available to replace him. Schloss Ritter is right though; this only occurs if you've proceed through some of the Rites of Rulership first.