*SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

Re: *SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

#126 Post by gamemaniax » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:50 am

cmon guys. look at the pix ppl are posting. the hint is already there. look at it. compare it with ur screens.

haradan
Knight Status

#127 Post by haradan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:59 am

OK, since I'm starting to get bombed with private messages, let me reassure you: this thread is getting very near to the solution. Really.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#128 Post by Crowley9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 am

MK wrote:The Full Quote was "The Doom from the East has passed and is now between here and Infinity" Funny enough when i first read this, I though Conan the Barbarian and Thulsa Doom. The Infinity was the oasis pool, so it had to be east of the Oasis.

no luck so far. 40+ screen
If it came from the east and has passed, wouldn't it be on the west side now? The pictures we've seen show the Hero on the left side of the screen. Maybe we should be heading west on the flipped side of the desert.

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#129 Post by ATMachine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:06 am

Crowley9 wrote:
MK wrote:The Full Quote was "The Doom from the East has passed and is now between here and Infinity" Funny enough when i first read this, I though Conan the Barbarian and Thulsa Doom. The Infinity was the oasis pool, so it had to be east of the Oasis.

no luck so far. 40+ screen
If it came from the east and has passed, wouldn't it be on the west side now? The pictures we've seen show the Hero on the left side of the screen. Maybe we should be heading west on the flipped side of the desert.
Ding ding ding!

MK
Peasant Status

#130 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 am

Crap. BTW the hint should have been "What would Jesus Do", but rather "What did Moses do?" (For 40 years)

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#131 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:53 am

Use your combat saurus.

Bt

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#132 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:03 am

Yeah yeah, find the lair and stop bothering the good people ;) you're going to have them holding buttons using a stack of quarters for days at a time and grinding more scorpions than Steve Irwin in "The Scorp Hunter Does The Sahara", assuming such a movie exists. it should.

shikadi
Peasant Status

#133 Post by shikadi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 am

I keep getting this error in the desert in my attempts to find this creature. I have it saved in a place where if I travel one screen West the game exits and I get this error.

Edit: I emailed the savegame
Attachments

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by shikadi on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#134 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:18 am

shikadi: Could you please email your savegame to info@AGDInteractive.com so we can look into that?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#135 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 am

Heh, what are you guys complaining about? Don't you know about the general RPG rule for bosses? If one is mandatory and connected to the plot, try to make it a fair fight. If one is completely optional, make him eat maxed out protagonists for breakfast.

MK
Peasant Status

#136 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:57 am

Now the question I have is, is there a trick to get to it consistently, both times I found it it was mainly by accident. The reason why i ask is because i would really like to save before the battle to I don't have to repeat the 15 screens changes. i was thinking of teh WWJD and came up with West, West, Jump, Down, but i know that is bogus

NeoSnax90
Peasant Status

#137 Post by NeoSnax90 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 am

At least you guys have seen it. I still haven't found the blasted thing yet! Wonder if I'm missing something...

adeyke

#138 Post by adeyke » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:24 am

Thanks to the hints, I've found the easter egg (and even managed a save game right before I meet it). However, there's just no way I can defeat it, despite having all skills maxed. Erpy isn't exaggerating about the difficulty.

AlastorBosch
Peasant Status

#139 Post by AlastorBosch » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 am

Erg. Well, I found it, but I can't 'hit' it, all I can do is dodge the...pepperoni? bits. And I'm not doing so well at that. Perhaps you aren't supposed to be able to beat it? Sure you could beat up the aforementioned optional RPG bosses after much time and effort, and yet... Maybe it would work better with something other than a fighter. ::ponders::

MK
Peasant Status

#140 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 am

Tips for beating it:
I still haven't beaten it, but I have gotten pretty far in hurting it, Over 50%, What worked best for me was to keep with simple single moves, a slash or a stab, if the tentacles by your feet start to move back away ASAP. For all other moves get ready with the back button, and follow up with a special move (E key). You should be able to jump back and then jump forward for an attack. most importantly Take your time. There is no ranged attack other then the falling pizza, and you can avoid those by watching for their shadows.

Fighting this element defiantly seems to favor people with ranged characters (daggers, magic) Sinergy might have some other helpful info on it.

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#141 Post by gamemaniax » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:12 am

What Would Sun Go Ku Do?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#142 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:16 am

I wonder if Sinergy's weapon of choice was the twin Ninjatō blades, the Bō Staff, the Nunchakkas, or the pair of Sai. Hmmm..

MK
Peasant Status

#143 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 am

gamemaniax wrote:What Would Sun Go Ku Do?
Son Goku? I think that he would do some training and do a Kamehameha! :rollin

BTW I really hope that you add a extras point list for the added items in the games. You don't have to do this on the game that was currently released but in a year from now or so. This guy alone could be worth 200 points.

Any chance there is a pizza cutter in the game? Can you add one. Special ability slicing and dicing pizza elementals!

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#144 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 am

*SPOILERS FOR BEATING PIZZA FACE. STOP READING IF YOU'RE A TOUGH GUY*

Since you guys did such a fine job of finding him, luckily because the turtles are fanatics who decided to scribble the prophecy outside of their lair, then feel free to read up on this if you really feel wimpy enough to not be able to take him without advice. By the way it makes me giddy to think of all the people walking around shapier's alleys, who passed that graffiti and thought to themselves "damn the Doom! I am the Doom! of Pizza! now where is that grate" and "Doom? I've get bigger pepperoni to fry!" and so on. At least it kept you close to the source of the easter egg :)

Beating him is pretty easy once you get the gist of things. You want some tips for survival, here are a few while keeping the most important one out of it :p

All attacks on him do the same amount of damage whether you're shooting lightning bolts from your arse or jabbing him with a sword. I suggest jabbing, it's easier on the prostate.

Immediately after a jab, press down to dodge his punch, if you know how to lunge as a fighter, all the better since you get a free hit, then follow it up with another jab and down if you are quick enough, otherwise just jab. If he roars after a jab, congrats, you can jab him again :D Alot of jabbing, that's all i'm saying

If his tentacles are moving, walk AWAY, no amount of dodging is going to help you. Let him cool down for a second and then get back in there.

What else.. If you're two steps away from him and it's raining hard, he'll try to swallow you, a tummy rub and a really long and exotic looking tongue will indicate he means it. There is a way to survive getting swallowed, i'll leave it up to you to find out. Or you know, just let him try to eat you but not be two steps from him when he does. The rain will cool down after that so you have to do less leg work for awhile.

A great deal of the time you'll be walking back and forth dodging the raining pizzas. The reason you'll be doing this is to regain your stamina so you can give pepperoni hell for awhile longer. It's not that bad really, just a couple of minutes between onslaughts more or less.

Oh and don't bother with the difficulty slider, Erpy and Co. are sadists, it won't help :)

If you're not a fighter, adopt what i said but from far away. And become a fighter already.

Have fun :D

Morningstar
Royal Servant Status

#145 Post by Morningstar » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:53 am

Right, I found the pizza elemental.

If you haven't already figured it out, the whole turtle thing was a red herring...

Where to go has already been covered; the following may or may not be crucial to triggering it's appearance:

The clue on the graffiti about the Doom from the West (requiring you to have completed the City Brigand side-quest)

Have the pizza-box as your selected inventory item.

Be starving.

And What Would Jesus Do? He's go and starve out in the desert...

Oh yes, when you get asked the opportunity to fight or trick him, while the trick dialogue is funny, you don't get another opportunity to fight him by chasing after him. Also, if you escape from the fight - he doesn't pursue you. You get one shot to beat this hideously powerful monster.
Attachments

seraphssavior
Peasant Status

#146 Post by seraphssavior » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 am

Just found him. You don't need to be starving, and you don't need to have the pizza box as your selected item. You don't need to read the graffiti either.
Last edited by seraphssavior on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#147 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:04 am

No need to starve or have the pizzabox as a selected item. He of Many Flavours would not want you to starve. Just capture at least one elemental. That is the only condition. And a saurus is recommended, highly. You know, because he chews on the elemental now and again which gives you some time to attack.
Last edited by Sinergy on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MK
Peasant Status

#148 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:05 am

Correction to one part you do not have to be starving, so eat up me hearties, yo ho. But I believe that you cannot be riding your saurus when you find it.

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#149 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 am

You can ride a saurus. Jesus would.

MK
Peasant Status

#150 Post by MK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 am

Yeah, and apparently the saursu is as useful as it always is in combat. i.e. bails at the first sign of danger.