Easter Eggs

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

Re: Easter Eggs

#126 Post by Thyme in Lost » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Erpy wrote:And I'm not willing to look into issues reported by people who messed around with their game files.

Well, I haven't found any in game cheat codes or anything like that, yet.
I'm also not willing to play with saved game files that have been hexed.

So, I should be good for now.
I've loved to find out how to use the Debug Mode or whatever, but I'd also understand that once I started messing around with my character in that fashion, I'm on my own.

phathom
Peasant Status

#127 Post by phathom » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Don't worry about it. I am just testing the limits of the game. The game is glorious btw. Passed it already once with the mage without cheating. I just wanted to see what magic I can do and see what limits the char has. Surprisingly, it's alot.

Morningstar
Royal Servant Status

#128 Post by Morningstar » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 am

some more desert treasures
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

seraphssavior
Peasant Status

#129 Post by seraphssavior » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:19 am

One more I found while searching for a specific something...
Attachments

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#130 Post by Schrijvertje » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 am

So far I encountered Harpo Marx, Al Emmo or whoever it is, the alleyway brigand (I've always wondered how you pronounce "brigand"; is it a "g" as in "goose" or as in "giant"?) and the PoP. I've been searching in alley deadends to see if anything's there, but no luck, so I've yet to find the Saurus repair shop. Didn't know you could buy stuff for your room, so I missed out on Ali Chica's things.

Morningstar
Royal Servant Status

#131 Post by Morningstar » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 am

love this one
Attachments

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#132 Post by ATMachine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:32 am

That last one was in the original too.

random
Peasant Status

#133 Post by random » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 am

like aircraft and the others, or some of them

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#134 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:33 pm

BRIGand. Hard 'G', like in goose. Almost like "Brig-end".

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#135 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Elsa uses the word a few times in QFG5, as does Ferrari.

BTW, anyone every got an easter-eggy/referency feeling from the hero's victory pose in the EOF initiation? No? Nevermind, then.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#136 Post by CGG » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 pm

I also give you guys props for the continuity fixes - you no longer have the saurus on day 16 after visiting Aziza, if Ad Avis kills you after getting stopping Iblis, you don't get the Iblis is loose ending.

I also like resting in the guild hall and the oasis.

Oh - and another fun thing to do - attack the Dervish - just don't plan on becoming a paladin . . .

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#137 Post by CGG » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm

CGG wrote:I also give you guys props for the continuity fixes - you no longer have the saurus on day 16 after visiting Aziza, if Ad Avis kills you after getting stopping Iblis, you don't get the Iblis is loose ending.

I also like resting in the guild hall and the oasis.

Oh - and another fun thing to do - attack the Dervish - just don't plan on becoming a paladin . . .
two more things i like:

throwing rocks in the Oasis (would be cool if you could get one to skip)

And the changing of the guard at Shapier's Gates when day becomes night. Worth checking out.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#138 Post by Crowley9 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:21 am

CGG wrote:throwing rocks in the Oasis (would be cool if you could get one to skip)
Heh, I remember Erpy mentioning while the game was still in development how one glitch they struggled with was that the stones would splash on the sand.

hypn
Royal Servant Status

#139 Post by hypn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 am

I've found a bunch of stuff that probably didn't make it into the final release of the game... some things you can't look at (just says it looks as it appears), others I don't know what to do with... like the rusty nail, and ornate scimtars ;)

And there are 2 brass jars, and more than one picture that you can put on the wall...

UPDATE: some more stuff (excuse my weight carried ;))

Last edited by hypn on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#140 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:20 am

A fair bit of the stuff pictured there as well as what you described serves as room decoration. At some point, they were apparently inventory items, but eventually they were just directly placed in the room, thus eliminating the need for the inventory icons.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#141 Post by CGG » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:23 am

hypn wrote:I've found a bunch of stuff that probably didn't make it into the final release of the game... some things you can't look at (just says it looks as it appears), others I don't know what to do with... like the rusty nail, and ornate scimtars ;

And there are 2 brass jars, and more than one picture that you can put on the wall...
Ahh . . . I remember the rusty nail from the original. I always sort of had an affinity for the rusty nail. it comes out of nowhere, and isn't very useful, but somebody somewhere wanted you to have it!

I don't remember getting it this time, but i think it was supposed to be only for thieves (even though fighters got it too). I'm done with the other two characters - and starting this one right now.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#142 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 am

Like the SCI version, the rusty nail only shows up in the Raseir prison scene if you didn't get the Sapphire Pin in Shapeir and you're a thief who has no other means to pick the lock. You have to search the cell to find it.

loh_key
Peasant Status

#143 Post by loh_key » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 am

Silly question:

Will the Persian Golfer just keep counting and counting and counting, day in and day out, or does he eventually stop/refresh numbers?

:)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#144 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 am

I think he does, around the time the number becomes to great to store in an integer.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#145 Post by CGG » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Like the SCI version, the rusty nail only shows up in the Raseir prison scene if you didn't get the Sapphire Pin in Shapeir and you're a thief who has no other means to pick the lock. You have to search the cell to find it.
Well I think that is the way it supposed to work. However, to warm up for this much anticipated release, I played a fighter in the orginial (pure fighter, no thief skills, and he got the rusty nail. The funny part is that it wasn't in the cell - it was in the equipment after forcing the cell door open. I confirmed this last night too. Strange. Good ol' rusty nail!

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#146 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:21 pm

CGG wrote:
hypn wrote:I've found a bunch of stuff that probably didn't make it into the final release of the game... some things you can't look at (just says it looks as it appears), others I don't know what to do with... like the rusty nail, and ornate scimtars ;

I always sort of had an affinity for the rusty nail. it.
Same; though at least partly because it's a very good song.

I always wondered how you actually goti t; I found it via Blue Frog Experimentation

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#147 Post by DrJones » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:01 pm

I've just found a reference to heffalumps in the Adventurer's Guild. :lol

LFF
Peasant Status

#148 Post by LFF » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Erpy wrote:That door is where the EOF meetings take place. Unless you're a fighter, you'll never get invited in there though
Just a question ... I know in the original game, I did the EOF thing as a thief but I couldn't take the sword. Is that not an option in this game then?

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#149 Post by oughtobe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 pm

hypn wrote:I've found a bunch of stuff that probably didn't make it into the final release of the game... some things you can't look at (just says it looks as it appears), others I don't know what to do with... like the rusty nail, and ornate scimtars ;)

how did you pick up the blue frog???

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#150 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 pm

No, as a thief you can't get into EOF. As for the frog, he hex-edited it in. (meaning his warranty is hereby down the drain ;) )