*SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

Re: *SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

#176 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:31 am

Sinergy wrote:The contained pizza can be used for something else, nothing too big. Just the kind of thing that is expected of a hero with an abundance of pizza :) You can even add something to the pizza as a topping and off some of your favorite NPCs :D well ok, obviously not your FAVOURITE NPCs, otherwise you wouldn't be offing them. Specifically, a single NPC which i doubt you liked in the first place.
I like all the NPCs though! [cept Issur <_<]

Heavenslaughing
Peasant Status

#177 Post by Heavenslaughing » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:29 am

Holy blue frogs... has anyone beaten this thing with a thief? I do such negligible damage and take so much from each pizza, I'm not seeing how I'll ever kill the thing. Maybe this outright requires a second playthrough as a fighter. Oi. Pity it's impossible to stealth hit the thing.

Love the dialogue, though. And I'm glad that the game provides a way not to fight it if you're not prepared. This genuinely counts as one of my favorite eggs in any game, ever.

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#178 Post by gamemaniax » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm

BEHOLD!...

The Pizza Slayer with Pizza Cutter (15d10 + 5 vs Pizza Elemental)
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#179 Post by Sinergy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Sure, but can he do a triple slash, lunge counterattack, and wink-at-the-camera combo?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#180 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:39 pm

Ah, Luso. Amusing analysis of that weapon of his.

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

#181 Post by SierraFan1885 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:13 pm

Add my name to the "Pizza Pulverizers" list! Dr. Cranium would be proud! (Too bad I can't take it with me to Mordavia as proof...beats those avocado and garlic sandwiches!)

Sorry to momentarily go OT, but I recently heard of a way to capture the blue frog...I've seen him before at the oasis but he won't spawn again whenever I go back. Does he only show up on certain days?

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#182 Post by Thyme in Lost » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 am

Add my name to the "Pizza Pulverized" list.

I was finally able to find the pizza elemental. I have max stats, but I've been playing on easy and relying on the combat AI to do my defenses for me. The best I've been able to do is to take a quarter of the elementals life.

phathom
Peasant Status

#183 Post by phathom » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:06 am

Finally defeated the pizza elemental (No hexing) :P The pattern is funny and a pain, the dropping pizzas get annoying, but I love shanking him and dodging, sometimes he sits there funny and I toast him. Great Job on this Egg guys! Most Excellent!

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#184 Post by Thyme in Lost » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 am

For those of you that have beating the Easter Egg, what type of character where you playing?
Pure Fighter, Pure Thief, Pure Mage, or some sort of hybrid?

I'm currently playing as a completely pure fighter with Max Stats, but have not been able to beat it just.
I only been able to get 1/4 of his Health off of it leaving him with still 3/4 remaining.

I've really enjoyed the combat system in this game, until this point.
I've never had to worry about dodging or parring before.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#185 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am

It's an optional boss and a hidden feature. You SHOULD have to worry about dodging its attacks.

MK
Peasant Status

#186 Post by MK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 am

I don't know if it will help, but if it does change your auto-battle assistant.
offense should be off. Counter, defense, dodge, Misc should all be set to 100% and use only 1x slash to avoid any combos.

If it works, and it appers it does, you will only need to use 3 keys to win.
Number 9 (pgup)
Arrow up and Down.

just concentrate on dodging (up and down arrow keys and then poke the Pizza) because the counter is 100% it leads to a higher probability of a counter every time you jump back.

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#187 Post by Thyme in Lost » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:06 am

Erpy wrote:It's an optional boss and a hidden feature. You SHOULD have to worry about dodging its attacks.

Oh, I know.

I'm thinking I might need to load an earlier save that still has max stats and fight Uhura at either normal and/or hard without the aid of the AI, so I can get better at using the combat system.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#188 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 am

The battle simply doesn't have a co-pilot. You can't access it during the fight, nor do its setings affect gameplay at all. But up, down and stab are really all you need. Well, the fighter may benefit from swing too.

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#189 Post by Thyme in Lost » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 am

Erpy wrote:The battle simply doesn't have a co-pilot. You can't access it during the fight, nor do its setings affect gameplay at all. But up, down and stab are really all you need. Well, the fighter may benefit from swing too.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I just haven't gotten good at fighting without the co-pilot.
I just want to work on timing.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#190 Post by arganite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:41 am

I can't find the Pizza Box :(. I hope I didn't drop it without realising what it was.

crimsonmansion
Peasant Status

#191 Post by crimsonmansion » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:13 am

Clue: The pizza box can be found on the end of Askeri Darb in a pile of garbage...yummy :x

I have a question regarding the Warrior's Diary Sidequest that is required to get this delicious egg (nomnomnom)! Although I figured out two of the clues and fought the brigand twice, I am a bit stumped on the final one; having looked in various places at different times without any luck. I am referring to the 'dark starry path' clue...I thought I had it correct, but I haven't been able to find the brigand again. I would appreciate any help, and clues or answers can be pm'd to me!

PS: All of you make me chuckle with your zany banter :rollin

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#192 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 am

The diary is not necessary to get to the "big egg".

As for the clue, take it literally.

haradan
Knight Status

#193 Post by haradan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 am

OK, so I maxed out my wizard and went back to look for Mr. Pizza. It seems to me the damage I inflict is exactly the same as before (basically, zero). My 200 flame dart doesn't help either.

Three days ago I was filled with excitement, now I'm filled with frustration. I understand this is an optional boss, an easter egg, and it's not supposed to be easy, but really, was it necessary to make it so hard, almost impossible? It's supposed to be fun, not something that gives you headaches. And although it's not necessary at all to complete the game, once you know it's there your natural impulses will make you try to beat it. That's why so many people are cheating, using trainers, etc.

I've tried the suggestions, but they're useless. I managed to dogde the fists, but everytime he shakes his tentacles I go back and get 3 pizzas on top of my head. And no matter how much I swing, his health remains almost untouched. I give up, this is not fun anymore.

Sorry, but I really think you should reconsider this easter egg and make it easier. Quest for glory has never been a combat game, most of its audience is probably the adventure game community. Finding something that is just impassable, is merely frustrating, optional or not. Remember that Rumplestiltskin backwards puzzle in the original KQ1? It wasn't necessary at all to answer, since you could get the key anyway, but Sierra changed it anyway to make it easier. There's a reason, the whole idea is to encourage players to reach those more-difficult puzzles and solutions. But a puzzle (or combat) this hard, discourages players. That's just my humble (and tired) opinion. :(

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#194 Post by Sinergy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:16 am

Feel free to go over my battle tips and the battle tips of others. It really shouldn't be that difficult. It doesn't even require sharp reflexes. There is nothing impassable about it, you just need to understand the rhythm when fighting him and when to attack him and when not, and always follow up with the 2 keypad button if you're unsure whether you can stab him again not.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#195 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:47 am

Well, one of the previous users did say that the damage to him remains the same and I can confirm this is true. The Pizza Elemental only has 100 hp, but nothing you do (be it a lowly stab or a 200 skill/charged up flamedart) can do more than 1 damage to him. This means that other than giving you more health and stamina points, stats mean practically nothing. I beat him once with a thief with 160 in everything using nothing but melee attacks. I was nearly dead when it kicked the bucket, but I pulled it off.

When the pizza elemental was first introduced, I pondered whether to make it pathetically easy (have the big gargantuan monster die in one hit or so), make it a red herring (who was basically unbeatable) or make it extremely difficult as some sort of challenge to people who liked to test their combat limits. I don't think the former two options would have been nearly as fun, but I never considered making him a normal enemy or even a slightly-harder-than-usual enemy. I had been hoping that this one would be found within a year after release or so, but I guess even if something has a 1:1000 chance of being found, those odds are still high when 20,000 people play it within a week. I realize I come across as a little bit sadistic, but I was pleased to see people getting owned because they didn't know the catch to defeating it. When the way to find it and the way to nullify its auto-regeneration became public knowledge, I suppose its difficulty is the only thing that kept it slightly exclusive. Just because, instead of the suspected handful of hardcore players, people are now engaging it "en masse" doesn't make me more likely to tone it down. At least not at this point.

I realize this is not exactly user-friendly, but optional ultimate challenges never are. As long as it's humanly possible (and I hope at least some people were able to beat it without hex-editing), I'm satisfied with it the way it is.

Besides, I'm not even sure if it's the most difficult enemy in the game. Khaveen on hard mode probably comes very close and requires higher stats to beat.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#196 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 pm

This is an optional HIDDEN monster.... it shouldn't be easy.

Bt

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#197 Post by arganite » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm

crimsonmansion wrote:Clue: The pizza box can be found on the end of Askeri Darb in a pile of garbage...yummy :x

I have a question regarding the Warrior's Diary Sidequest that is required to get this delicious egg (nomnomnom)! Although I figured out two of the clues and fought the brigand twice, I am a bit stumped on the final one; having looked in various places at different times without any luck. I am referring to the 'dark starry path' clue...I thought I had it correct, but I haven't been able to find the brigand again. I would appreciate any help, and clues or answers can be pm'd to me!

PS: All of you make me chuckle with your zany banter :rollin
Ahh no wonder, I was on Saif Darb! Got it, thanks :)

Prio
Knight Status

#198 Post by Prio » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:42 pm

I could never hope to slay the thing as a mage; I doff my hat to anyone who could, and I can defeat hard-mode Khaveen reasonably reliably.
Really, I only ever killed the elemental (fairly) as a fighter. Ducking the punches and following up with a rising slash was the safest and least exhausting method. The falling pizzas make ranged combat a fool's errand in my estimation, much like trying to fight a brigand.
Before, I could often lock the creature in a state of permanent stun by spam-attacking it up close as a thief, but I think Erpy fixed that.

Bees
Peasant Status

#199 Post by Bees » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Holy cow, finally managed to beat that saucy mother as a pure mage (not that I cast a single spell at him). Had I seen it coming, I probably would have raised my weapon and dodge skills. Does anyone know if that even helps?

Remember those old NES boss fights that seemed intimidating and impossible until you relaxed and realized that the boss has a pretty limited pattern? This is an endurance version of one of those.

Get up close and dirty. Dodge his right hook left, and his left punch right. Follow up every dodge with a thrust. If those tentacles wiggle, you'd better step back. Dodge those pizzas at the last minute (in case he drops a 3-fer) and wait for your stamina to replenish. If you do have the misfortune of getting caught with an unlucky pizza, slam on that advance or fall back key. If you have the stam for it, I say advance. No guts, no...um...pepperoni?

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#200 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:43 pm

I would've won by now if not for the fact that the game enjoys tossing multiple pies on when you're down. I had a chicago deep dish fall on my head when I got the guy down to 30%