Traveling manually to Raseir

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

Traveling manually to Raseir

#1 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 am

According to this misleading titled topic, the remake still allows to travel to Raseir manually.

I understand it's done by going all the way down, then all the way left (East since the POV is turned over).

Someone advised dismounting the saurus. How exactly does it help anything if you leave it? You still need to click it in order to talk to it (and ask it to go back).

What about the reverse If it's already post-caravan? If you go back to Shapier, can you talk to people about your experiences in Raseir? Can you eat and sleep in Shapier's inn as if you never left?

Thanks!
Last edited by bugmenot on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

Re: Travelling manually to Rasier

#2 Post by Asrai » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 am

The geniuses who created the game added a thoughtful touch that was lacking in the original, I didn't notice it at first either. :) As long as you bring your saurus out into the desert with you, you can wander as far as you like without losing it. So ride it out into the desert, then leave it behind. When you're ready to go home, just use the mouth icon. (I can't remember whether it's on yourself or just in the air, but that isn't terribly difficult to figure out.) It gives you the option to call your saurus, and he'll come running instantly.

As for making it to Rasier, I tried twice, but I wasn't prepared enough, so didn't make it. Four waterskins are not enough, and it takes more than a full day and full night of walking, I at least know that much for sure.

Edit: Oh yes, and from what I've read (I belive Erpy said it, though I can't remember where), there isn't anything to do once you get there. You can't go in, and it doesn't change anything (unless perhaps you're out wandering in the desert when Shapeir needs you) so really the only point of walking to Raseir is to be able to say that you did it.

NeoSnax90
Peasant Status

#3 Post by NeoSnax90 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:26 am

Calling the Saurus can only be done on Easy difficulty. Otherwise you get the "Nobody seems to be listening" message.

As for going to Shapeir when you've gone on the caravan, yes, you could do that, but (and I'm not sure on this) I think it confuses the game in the original since the caravan sequence gets triggered after Day 16. Which means as soon as you go back into Shapeir the caravan scene occurs again. Dunno what happens in the remake though, since I'm not willing to go allllllllll the way back just to make sure.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah, you can only call the saurus in easy mode.

Theoretically, it's possible to return to Shapeir after the caravan sequence, but even if you'd arrive there, attempting to walk from the overlook to the saurus pen would result in a message that Raseir needs you. So you can't enter the city. In practice, since the game automatically returns you to the blue parrot inn when day 27 ticks over to day 28, it's not unlikely you won't even make it that far. I've never personally tried it though.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

Re: Traveling manually to Rasier

#5 Post by bugmenot » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:10 am

You can read how it was done including obtaining a visa via debug mode in the original game.

Unfortunately, the remake didn't go this far. If you go to Raseir (manually or via Unlock Blue Frog's Jump to Room #200) and give yourself a visa via the frog's Add Inventory Item (#39), then after the guards approve your visa the game gets stuck (as in no button works - you have to close the game externally).

All documented here now.