QFG3 - Spells not Raising?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

QFG3 - Spells not Raising?

#1 Post by ulmont » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:39 am

I'm replaying QFG3 now, and having trouble raising spells. I've cast open, detect magic, and zap a lot of times (savanna), and they haven't raised a single point in the same amount of castings that pushed trigger to like 220...has anyone else seen this problem?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: QFG3 - Spells not Raising?

#2 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 am

ulmont wrote:I'm replaying QFG3 now, and having trouble raising spells. I've cast open, detect magic, and zap a lot of times (savanna), and they haven't raised a single point in the same amount of castings that pushed trigger to like 220...has anyone else seen this problem?
I believe Open and Detect should level up well enough; it may just take some time. However, for some reason, Zap will only gain experience when cast in battle (which is VERY bad for Fighters/Paladins with Magic).

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

Re: QFG3 - Spells not Raising?

#3 Post by Dragonfang » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:05 pm

You can actually practice Open in your room at the inn or your hut at the Simabni village. However, your honor will decrease everytime. Not really worth the trouble, since it can be raised pretty easily in QFG4.