Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 in progress (SPOILERS)

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 in progress (SPOILERS)

#1 Post by Tifas Revenge » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:20 am

Hey all,

I'm new to this board, just wanted to say hi to everyone!

I posted this on the GameFAQs board, and now here. I am working on a Let's Play of this game as a fighter with Magic Skills, and uploading videos to Youtube as I get through stuff. If you don't want to be spoiled in the game, don't follow the link. Otherwise, click the link below. As of this post, I'm currently up to Day 6, and up to about 19 parts.

SPOILER LINK BELOW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhMxl-4IsA

I also bought a new sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatality) just for this game to record it, and re-did the audio since some of my Let's Plays in the past weren't as good of audio quality. I also switch from Camstudio to Camtasia Studio 5.1. I hope you all enjoy! I'll probably finish in a week or two, just depends on how much dedication I make and stuff in RL I have to deal with. ;)

- Tifa

Tye
Royal Servant Status

Re: Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 in progress (SPOILERS)

#2 Post by Tye » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:12 am

Very cool. I'm enjoying these! lol

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by CGG » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Awesome! I'll have to watch them all!

andre99
Peasant Status

#4 Post by andre99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Well done! Nice let's play.

Keep up the good work!

Fender178
Knight Status

#5 Post by Fender178 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Nice Job with these so far. Its nice to see a lets play of this version of the game since I have seen LateBlt's lets play of QFG2EGA.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Tifas revenge why is there more than 1 file listed as parts 23 and parts 25 is this a typo if so please fix it i am getting confused of the order this play through is in.Will you also do a lets play with the thief and wizards character to.

John

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Are you sure about that? I entered his profile, opened his QFG2 section and didn't directly see any doubles. It was pretty easy to see the order.

TR, I'm very much enjoying the videos. I must admit I'm watching them making commentary myself, occasionally shouting hints or directions. Thank goodness nobody's around watching me at the moment. :)

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I just checked the website link http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
There is 2 parts 23and 3 parts25 Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake - Part 23 - Air Elemental Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake - Part 23 - Pesky Saurus! Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake - Part 25 - Interior Decorations
Let's Play Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake - Part 25 - Day 10 - ...
Lets Play Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake - Part 25 Hard Mode ii
Just scroll down click on page 2 to contine you will see the other parts 23,25

John

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Maybe you should use this link instead. Easier to navigate.

crimsonmansion
Peasant Status

#10 Post by crimsonmansion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks Tifas Revenge for making these amusingly helpful guides for new players out there. Very insightful and fun to watch! Don't worry Erpy...you aren't the only one adding your own background comments; this is like a scary movie... "Don't go in there!!" :lol

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#11 Post by DrJones » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:11 pm

I watched a bit of it, not too much, as this is my first playthrough and don't want to spoil the joy of discovering things by myself. I mostly watched fights. The problem is that the videos seem sloooooow (maybe due to the recording process), so much I can't watch them without fast-forwarding through them. Couldn't you up the pace a bit, or encode them a bit faster? Just providing feedback. :D

Luna
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Luna » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 pm

There was an EGA play through like this that I enjoyed, there were two commentators, one male and one female, which gave it a lot of personality (I think they're also doing Shadows of Darkness now...) . This reminds me of that. It's a lot of fun to watch and listen to while working on homework. :rollin Your match against the Pizza elemental was especially enjoyable, and it's appreciated that you leave most of the grinding to off-screen time. :)

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Tifas Revenge » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Oh hey guys. I finally finished. :) Yay! If you guys want answers to questions faster, post on the videos, and yeah I did make a few typos, and now I'm working on Ways to Die, which involves playing through as a thief, so after this, I will do playthrough as a thief.

Peace,

- Tifas-Revenge

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Thanks for this play through Tifas Revenge by the way if you want to know your 7 points that you are missing is.
Spoiler Warning

Ask about wishes

I also noticed you didn't do the brigand in the city in your play through.

John

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#15 Post by Erpy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 am

He couldn't, since he was playing the simplified alleyway system.

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Tifas Revenge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 am

I mentioned Ask About Wishes at the end.... I missed it, but oh well. I'm playing through as a thief now and doing ways to die. Once I find all the ways to die, then I'll do a second runthru as a thief and post another Let's Play, and it should be less videos cause I'll skip most of the fat and just chug right through the game, but also picking up spots I missed in the first place.

- Tifa

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Tifas Revenge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:28 am

Ways to Die is up now too. If anyone knows of any ways I missed, let me know or post a video response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D--DOgxj ... playnext=1

- Tifa

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by bugmenot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Since you already have a fighter (with magic skills), can you demonstrate beating Ad Avis without using magic (day 44)?

Also, please demonstrate levitating (or climing using the magic rope) into the palace and doing the thief's way with your fighter with magic skills. That would be awesome.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#19 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:23 pm

He said he'd do a thief playthrough, so I suppose he'll do the thief ending then. His fighter as it current is (with magic including reversal, but without climbing) can't do the thief ending since he doesn't have a magic rope, or the fighter's approach since the game won't let you do the fighter's way of dealing with Ad Avis if you have the reversal spell.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#20 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:03 pm

The Fighter's ending is simple enough to describe in words once you've seen the Magic User ending anyway. The Fighter Hero simply runs away from the gargoyle statue, runs over a candle or two, and runs into Ad Avis, pushing him over the edge.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by bugmenot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Schloss Ritter wrote:The Fighter Hero simply runs away from the gargoyle statue, runs over a candle or two, and...
Which now I know didn't work for me because I completed WIT (i.e. got the reversal spell). I still like to see it though. Do you just run in the direction of the candle or do you have to click the run icon right on the candle (same for Ad Avis)?
Erpy wrote:can't do the thief ending since he doesn't have a magic rope
What happens if you try to levitate without having a magic rope? Does it work except it acts as if you entered the door below and not through the window?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#22 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Yeah, if you're missing one of the criteria of the thief ending, you end up in the antechamber whether you got to the balcony or not.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#24 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:56 am

Yeah, that Princess Bride egg is also in the remake. I have no idea how that guy ended up completely without daggers unless he conciously dropped his last one. In the remake, you won't even get that far if you don't have at least a few daggers/rocks.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:48 am

Erpy wrote:In the remake, you won't even get that far if you don't have at least a few daggers/rocks.
So you can throw rocks at Ad Avis but not dirt? Also, keep in mind you can still drop/lose them after you reach the harem.