A bug that forces you to steal the bellows

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

A bug that forces you to steal the bellows

#1 Post by bugmenot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:31 am

As a fighter (v1.1), if I already beat Issur in the past and already filled my cloth bag with sand before talking to Aziza about the air elemental, I can't tell (as opposed to ask) anyone about the air elemental. And no, dropping anything that has to do with dirt doesn't change anything.

This means I can't get Issur to give me his bellows. And since I already beat him in the past, I also can't challenge him.

It just shows you how lucky we are that stealing the bellows is not a paladinhood disqualifier!
Last edited by bugmenot on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

Re: Bug that forces you to steal the bellows

#2 Post by bugmenot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:54 am

Not only that, but I can't even use that cloth bag that caused all this mess! It says its sand is too "fine"!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Those cannot be the causes, because I just beaten the Air Elemental with the fighter having done exactly what you describe, and Issur gave me the bellows. The only "problem" I got, is that with the combo "conversation tree-parser", I couldn't ask Aziza directly about elementals, and had to do it through the parser. The derivate topics (contrary elements, containers) appeared afterwards on the conversation tree.

Maybe you missed talking with Keapon Laffin?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Do you have a v1.1 savegame file?

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by bugmenot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Yes, I talked to Keapon. No, I didn't keep the savefile (because I can still be paladin by stealing the bellows).

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by gogogoff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 pm

this happened to me, so I went to type only mode, and typed, "Air Elemental" to the blacksmith, and he gave em to me. (I beat him 2-3 days before that)

elenion
Peasant Status

#7 Post by elenion » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I have the same problem. I've beaten Issur before on day 7. On day 8, I went to Azziza, then Keapon, then Issur.
I've asked Issur about bellows, and he replies why do I need it. The "Air elemental" phrase suggested above did not work in either dialog system.
Any suggestions?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 am

Have you actually visited the palace plaza to witness the air elemental yourself? Some things cannot be "told about" before you see them yourself.

elenion
Peasant Status

#9 Post by elenion » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 am

That worked. Thanks a lot.

rohitm15
Peasant Status

Re: A bug that forces you to steal the bellows

#10 Post by rohitm15 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 am

Hmm. I had this same problem, tried all the above advice, set up an account...

The thing with mine was I tried the parser-only mode, that didn't work. Once I switched into the combination parser + point and click it worked fine. Annoying.

Is it possible to steal the bellows if you're a fighter?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 am

Yes, any class can steal the bellows. It's just not good for your honor.

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Chrismarr » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 am

How do I initiate arm wrestling with Issur?? When I ask about arm wrestling he just tells me about him being the champion and to let him know when I want. But how do I let him know and actually arm wrestle him?? I tried everything, and switching dialog modes and stuff...HELP

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Chrismarr » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:38 am

Ugh never mind..I just learned that there's a whole "tell about" option that happens when you click the dialog mouth on the hero himself. Man, this takes to getting used to. I have to say I dont like the dialog tree intead of the flexibility of 100% parser for everything.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#14 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:32 am

This is exactly the way things worked in QFG3 and QFG4, so it only takes getting used to if you've never played either of them.

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Chrismarr » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Erpy wrote:This is exactly the way things worked in QFG3 and QFG4, so it only takes getting used to if you've never played either of them.

I've only briefly played the 3rd and never got my hands on the 4th so if its based on those two then obviously I'm not used to the system. I like when things stay the same only because it's frustrating, especially when I tried to figure out how to arm wrestle Issur but that's not to say that I don't like the remake. I just have to get used to it. But it's in no way meant to offend or to downgrade the quality of work put into it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#16 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 pm

This is actually the most consistent version of the tell-about option. QFG1 did not have a tell-about option to begin with. QFG3 and QFG4 have the one we used. QFG5 had its tell-about options as part of its ask-about tree. So we went with the most common one (and also the one that made most sense, since QFG2 is closer to QFG3 and QFG4 in style than QFG5) so things could remain the same for the majority of expected players. (that is, those who were accustomed to QFG4's dialog system)

Oh and you'll soon find it's convenient not having to type "ask about" or "tell about" in front of every single noun.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 pm

If you'd like you could also switch the dialogue to parser in the start screen or through the options. I personally prefer to use the combo interface.