*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED! The Official QFG2 Contest!***

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

Re: Quest for Glory II : Fan Artwork & Contest Submissions

#251 Post by eriqchang » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Here's some artwork I was fussing around with before settling on a final logo:

Kotskoets
Royal Servant Status

#252 Post by Kotskoets » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Heh, I actually quite like the one in the fourth pic with the rising flames and stuff although I guess It might have been a little too busy for the poster and too much of a hardcore action look for the adventure genre.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#253 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Awesome Eriq! I love seeing the creative process with other artists! That and I love your work in general so anything we get to see if a treat.

Also, very nice Solarkid! You colour them as fast as I can draw them! Unfortunately I have worked out a couple designs for something that I will actually enter the contest with (if I can finish it) so there might not be anything for a little while.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#254 Post by Spikey » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:43 pm

I liked the fiery logo as well, Eriq.
eriqchang wrote:I would really like to see a full "box collage" style drawing from Spikey.
I've actually started on something today, but don't pressure me :lol. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "full box collage style", though.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#255 Post by eriqchang » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:00 am

spikey wrote:I've actually started on something today, but don't pressure me :lol. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "full box collage style", though.
Hmm.. Indiana Jones/Monkey Island style poster.. you know like small little scenes all "blending" into each other type of deal. Codename Iceman from Sierra also had that sort of collage-y feel as well.

oooh, can't wait!

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#256 Post by JonWW » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 am

Been awhile since my last post. I've been dealing with night shift, and hurricane Ike. I'm riding it out west of Houston. Still have power so far, bet it's off at my apartment by now. I had to get my daughter an earlier flight back to Germany, she made it back safely :) Well I guess I get to play Quest for Glory II VGA 1.1 unless we lose power... I have to start over cause I just realized the update.... lol Love the newest pics Lady Pyro keep them coming :)

Solarkid
Knight Status

#257 Post by Solarkid » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:08 am

Wow, just....wow. You've got an incredibly artistic eye Eriq, any of those logos would have been great for trial by fire, and many of them are very different as well :).
I especially like the 4th one too, there's a certain character to it which makes it look spectacular.

Sorry lady :) Those most recent sketches just inspired me to the max and I couldn't wait to colour them, i'm glad you like what i did with them though.
Also, I can't wait to see what you come out with Spikey, bet it will be sweeeet. :)
Eriqchang wrote:beautiful and "solar" coloured as always. Vibrant and energetic. Love them. I'm curious what some of your own drawings/creations look like? :) You certainly have talent
Thank you for the kind words, I'm honestly a bit nervous about doing anything myself, I've done some basic art at school but not started the higher stuff yet, honestly i don't really know much about facial expressions and shapes for sketching, so i doubt i could come out with anything good. I'm quite content just colouring the sketches of a far supreme artist for now :)

I'll see though, might come out with something for the contest of my own. I've got a wee bit of time to work something out considering the close date for the contest is the end of october.

Dave

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#258 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Solarkid, you're developing some great digital skills, and you certainly seem like a creative individual. Don't be coy, now... enter the contest, you know it makes sense! :D

LauraMW
Peasant Status

#259 Post by LauraMW » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 am

Man, look what you guys made me do! I was all content to lurk on these forums without registering, and then you brought art into it. :lol

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't really know where any of my old fanart from when I originally played through the games is, but trust me...it's...old. However I did do some doodles while playing through the (WONDERFUL!) remake, and so scanned and colored them up to show you cool people!

The hero and Aziza, obviously my own take on them.

I also did a really goofy (also profane because of language, I hope this is ok?) comic while re-playing through QFG1 before the remake's release. Since I'm not sure what kind of language is tolerated here, I'll just link to it's spot on DA:

http://lauramw.deviantart.com/art/QUEST ... N-95638387

Also, uhm, I don't know if anybody would think this is cool, but my web-comic is pretty much QFG inspired. As in, it started as an 100% fan comic, but gradually became it's own thing. There are still many similarities (names like Erana, and, uh, Hero) and paladins and things like that. It's not based on anything from the actual games anymore, the character's histories, settings and all that stuff is my own (although Hero looks pretty much like QFG's hero) but a QFG fan can definitely spot the influence! Just thought I'd share. Oh, and just a warning? The archives span about six years of work, so there's a lot of...let's call it, evolution in the art. (AKA: the recent pages are much better drawn.)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#260 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 am

Wow, that's incredible! :eek I really like your drawing and shading style. Great stuff!

Don't forget to submit your finished work into the contest via the link on the website!

Kotskoets
Royal Servant Status

#261 Post by Kotskoets » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:17 am

Fantastic style you got there Laura. Checked out some of your deviant art page as well. Love the cel shading style and the detailed hair of the characters amongst other things.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#262 Post by Spikey » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 am

Laura, your Aziza is like...the best interpretation of Aziza I've seen.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#263 Post by Solarkid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow, that is...lovely :)

Kotskoets
Royal Servant Status

#264 Post by Kotskoets » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 pm

I hate Aziza though what kind of bitch murders people for having bad manners seriously.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#265 Post by Solarkid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Haha, yeah she's mental. Plus the hero is about to save her butt along with everyone in shapier

Dave

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#266 Post by eriqchang » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 pm

unbelievable. Really breathtaking artwork Laura. I'm really impressed - what a style... looks as if it jumped off an animated feature. wow.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#267 Post by gamecreator » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Eriq, thanks for sharing more. Awesome as always. Keep 'em coming. :)
Laura, I love the artwork. As Spikey mentioned, you hit the nail on the head with Aziza. Hero looks younger than I would interpret him but again, great style.

I so envy you guys and gals with your art skills. :cry

Solarkid
Knight Status

#268 Post by Solarkid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Okay, well i really tried, a sketch and colouring by me, for the very first time.

I know the sketch is crap, but im new to this kind of art so...yeah :)
Many thanks to Lady Pyro who sent me some really nifty tips and gave me enough confidence to post something here.

Dave

: The Hero, successfully casting levitation for the first time :
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#269 Post by eriqchang » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 pm

I love it! I am a big fan of magic in drawings. MORE!! ;)

Your art is so glowy and fabulous - they look like prints mounted in lightboxes.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#270 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 pm

eriqchang wrote:I love it! I am a big fan of magic in drawings. MORE!! ;)

Your art is so glowy and fabulous - they look like prints mounted in lightboxes.
I'd take a print on Black Velvet, cuz I'm classy like that :P

That looks great Solar! PM me if you have anymore questions, I'm always happy to help a budding artist. I spose I should do some drawing tonight...looks like I'm going to have to go the extra mile if I wanna enter the contest. Got some stiff competition!

pandor
Peasant Status

#271 Post by pandor » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:38 pm

This thread is made of WIN. :D I love seeing everyone's fanarts.
I wonder if I have any of my old qfg scribbles on this compy... I should check...

testing223
Peasant Status

#272 Post by testing223 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:17 am

Kotskoets wrote:Colour version.

This year............

Arnold Schwarzenegger quests......

FOR GLORY.

pandor
Peasant Status

#273 Post by pandor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:34 am

Here're a couple old pics, they're kinda 'blah'... I need to do some new QFG fanarts sometime. ^^;;

From 2005--

From 2007--
(Yay antwerps! Yay crossover!)

The only one from 2008--

And for your enjoyment, this little horror from 2003: Linked, because it's fugly. :lol

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#274 Post by eriqchang » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:47 am

OK.. It's amazing to me how much raw talent exists on this board. It's always so fun to see a new artist's work. I especially like the first shot in this series with the blue fire torch but ooooh the coloured, almost "Guybrush Threepwood" beach rendering is by far my favourite.

Great work again from another talented artist.

I'm curious why you all haven't entered your artworks directly to the contest page (the email to send your contest entries to is contest@agdinteractive.com) - I may have to comb through this entire thread myself and just catalogue all the artwork in case you haven't entered yourselves... seems like a lot of people missed the instructions.

Keep the art coming. And remember, we're not JUST looking for drawings! Be creative! I will add that there are a LOT of prizes. And there have only been a handful of entries so far. If you're feeling creative, please join in on the fun.

And now I will add these latest shots to my scrapbook. ;)

Have fun!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#275 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:36 am

eriqchang wrote: I'm curious why you all haven't entered your artworks directly to the contest page (the email to send your contest entries to is contest@agdinteractive.com) - I may have to comb through this entire thread myself and just catalogue all the artwork in case you haven't
I just keep fussing over what to enter. I know the emphasis is on creative but my creativity begins and ends with straight up drawing, animation and the occasional comic panels.
I do have something worked out (it's still a bit of a 'work in progress' seeing as how I just can't leave anything alone) but so far this is what I've got:

I'm not so good at down shots so I figured it would be good practice. Also, I know there are no wingless Wyverns in QFG2 (or any QFG for that matter) but wings took up to much space and I was limited when it came to flying monsters.
Anyway there's lot's that will probably change before it's done but there ya go, if I can't get what I want done in time, I'll fix this up and enter it.

pandor: Wow! Those look great! I especially like the beach one!
Last edited by Lady Pyro on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.