Confused about save transfer system.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MeshGearFox
Peasant Status

Confused about save transfer system.

#1 Post by MeshGearFox » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 am

I was under the impression that QfG2 saves could only be transfered in to QfG3, but the trailer for QfG4 I just watched made it sound like it 4, at least, would accept a save from any previous game. What's up here?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Confused about save transfer system.

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 am

I think you can import export files from any game into the later games...they don't have to be direct sequels.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 am

Yup, you can import from 2 into 3, 4, or 5.

If you import into 4, however, you'll be hurting stats-wise as it doesn't give you any boost to stats by virtue of being from an earlier game.

QFG5, on the other hand, will add +200 to all nonzero skills (except honor, for some reason, which only gets +100) if you import from 2. However, as with any import or new char, QFG5 will never allow you to begin with more than 400 points in a single attribute (so if you had a perfect and maxed hybrid in 4, you couldn't use the 150 import points at all).

I actually cheat and skip 3 and 4 for the fighter (I just do them with a paladin, which is virtually the same but with more extras). I do 5 with all 4 classes just as there's 4 women to marry and I choose the best for each class. I import a fighter straight from 2 to 5, and end up 400 in everything (once I use the import points to build up climbing, which fighters got in 4).

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Goilveig wrote:QFG5, on the other hand, will add +200 to all nonzero skills (except honor, for some reason, which only gets +100) if you import from 2. However, as with any import or new char, QFG5 will never allow you to begin with more than 400 points in a single attribute (so if you had a perfect and maxed hybrid in 4, you couldn't use the 150 import points at all).
Not true. You can assign the 150 to Swimming if all other stats are at 400 (and still get points for "learning" Swimming from the manual at FA's).