"Longest Journey" help! looking for a Dutch v. save of ch.7?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

"Longest Journey" help! looking for a Dutch v. save of ch.7?

#1 Post by Schrijvertje » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 am

I have a problem which you as adventure game fans might be able to help me with.

Some time ago I got my hands on a copy of "The Longest Journey" (the first game, not "Dreamfall").

I played it up until chapter 7: a deep blue mirror. Then my hard drive crashed. And I lost my saved game files.

Now, there are several places where you can download saved game files for just such an emergency. Only problem is: I have the Dutch version, and those files aren't compatible. And I haven't been able to find those versions anywhere.

If anyone has this game in Dutch, and has a saved game file starting at chapter 7, would they be willing to help me out? Because it's such a huge game, it took me long time to get to that point since I don't really play that much (for instance, I downloaded the QfG2 remake on the day it was released and have only just reached day 16).

Or if you know where I could find them, that'd be great as well.
Last edited by Schrijvertje on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

Re: "The Longest Journey" - lost my save files!

#2 Post by Schrijvertje » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Even some words of sympathy would be nice :\

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#3 Post by Senor Matt » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:22 pm

There, there (pat on back)

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Schrijvertje » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:44 pm

:rollin thanks

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Asrai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:22 am

I can give you words of sympathy. That does really suck. I love that game, but I don't think I'd want to have start from the beginning after getting so far. But even if you were playing in English I couldn't help as I last played it on someone else's computer (mine can't handle the game anymore) so I don't have any save files anyway.

Good luck. Hope you can find someone to help.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

Re: "Longest Journey" - need a Dutch version save game of ch.7

#6 Post by Schrijvertje » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:28 am

I hope so too.

I didn't even know the game was in Dutch when I bought it on eBay. Who would've guessed! I mean, I've learned English playing adventure games like this. This is the first game I've ever known to be dubbed in Dutch.

And no offense to people in the Netherlands, but some of the voices are a bit annoying. It's not that bad, it certainly can't be compared to dubbed cartoons on tv, but it does take away some of the atmosphere of the game. Luckily April's voice I like. But the bartender, he sounds like ... I don't know ... like he's talking while trying to swallow an apple whole? That's not a correct description, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment (one more reason why I don't want to play the game from scratch, so I don't have to listen to those lines all over again).

But it's an intriguing game and I'd be stupid not to play it again simply because of the voices. So if I can't find a save game, I'll probably will start again - it'll just take a long time.