WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Avoozl
Peasant Status

WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE

#1 Post by Avoozl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:50 pm

This remake is awesome what more can I say. The only bug I found was if u save in the alley outside Aziza's door when u leave your overhead interface will be gone. Other than that it shows that seven years were put into this game. ADGI you guys are awesome and I look foward to your future project what ever they may be...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear you enjoyed the game.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by CGG » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Avoozl wrote:This remake is awesome what more can I say. The only bug I found was if u save in the alley outside Aziza's door when u leave your overhead interface will be gone. Other than that it shows that seven years were put into this game. ADGI you guys are awesome and I look foward to your future project what ever they may be...
"Remake" is too small a word. It is a complete overhaul adding a lot of the game - not just simply translating it to VGA! I almost want to spend hours just wandering around the streets of shapier to see what i find next! I used to hate that part of the game!

effendi
Peasant Status

Re: WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE?

#4 Post by effendi » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 am

I have played many of the sierra adventure over the years may of them as soon as they were released for sale. I was very excited when I first found out that you were going to remake quest for glory 2 and hoped that it would be a great remake. Unfortunately that was not the case with this game. I have played through this remake several times with each character type and besides the update graphics and a few new additions this game overall is not that good for the amount of time I had to wait for it to be released. I guess I just expected more from for it. So over all I have to give this remake a D. sorry and I hope you try harder with your next project.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 am

Please don't paste the same message into several threads. That's called spamming.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#6 Post by Gronagor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:20 am

LOL. Why do I have the feeling it's another of those jealous ones from the AGS forums (those who like to break down people's work). :lol What a moron. :)
Well. Since he spammed 6 times in a row, I hope you deleted him.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:40 pm

What? Did you expect the game to come with a handjob and a steak? Jesus. Go make your own game then!

Bt

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm

I'd surprised if such a stoner knew what day of the week it was, let alone comprehending the letter-order associated with the alphabetical grading system he's grappling with.

And hey, drugs do alter your perception and judgment! :lol

SancheztheWhaler
Peasant Status

#9 Post by SancheztheWhaler » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I suppose we're not really allowed to flame Effendi and his douchebaggery on this board, are we? Oh well...

For what's it's worth, I have really enjoyed this remake. There's a lot more content than in the original, and the original is probably my favorite HQ/QFG game out of the five. Great work

gamecreator
Knight Status

#10 Post by gamecreator » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:What? Did you expect the game to come with a handjob and a steak?
"Expect" isn't the right word. And I didn't think of the steak. ;) :lol

Solarkid
Knight Status

#11 Post by Solarkid » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah guys JESUS TRY HARDER NEXT TIME
Blatently just sat there why the game made itself and got released with wonderfully detailled graphics, an incredible combat system, and so many easter eggs that every playthrough is new.
What a disappointment.

;) Love it

Dave

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Ugh, I know this is the internet, but isn't slandering people's work anonymously getting old? I mean, it's almost cliche now, man.

Try harder next time? Gimme a break, kid. You couldn't make a game using the AGS Roger and a stolen background from Google Images.

Bt

Solarkid
Knight Status

#13 Post by Solarkid » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Try harder next time? Gimme a break, kid. You couldn't make a game using the AGS Roger and a stolen background from Google Images.

Bt
I hope you weren't refering to my post?
I was actually having a dig at the "effendi" guy who wrote at the end of his post that they should try harder. Not suggesting for a second that i agreed with his views, sorry if i gave you (or anyone else for that matter) the wrong impression dude.

Dave

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by Xandarius » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 am

Blackthorne was referring to that critical 'effendi' character. (Incidentally, I once tried making a game with AGS, and I used the default Roger for a long time until I became proficient enough in Photoshop to make my own). Anyway... Everyone seems to agree with me that the remake is amazing. You can really tell AGDI's hearts were in it (which I'm not so sure can be said about the QFG1 remake that Sierra did). I really think that QFG2VGA is a better remake than Sierra ever would have, or could have, created.

effendi
Peasant Status

#15 Post by effendi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:12 am

I'm sorry you people can't take someone's honest opinion and have to tear them down because they don't agree with you.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:54 am

I can take someone's honest opinion - when they give it. You gave no examples, just vague comments. If you had supplied specifics, I might be able to address them. But I seriously think you've chosen to bitch for bitching's sake.

Bt

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#17 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 am

effendi wrote:I'm sorry you people can't take someone's honest opinion and have to tear them down because they don't agree with you.
You were never "up" to begin with.

To be frank, I don't really give two shits if you liked the game or not. Plenty do, but love it or hate it, it's still not going to make us a fortune either way. Thing is, you decided to be a rude prick about it. So don't be sorry, just returning the 'favor'. If you can't stand the heat, then don't dish it out, taker.

effendi
Peasant Status

#18 Post by effendi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:35 am

You were never "up" to begin with.

To be frank, I don't really give two shits if you liked the game or not. Plenty do, but love it or hate it, it's still not going to make us a fortune either way. Thing is, you decided to be a rude prick about it. So don't be sorry, just returning the 'favor'. If you can't stand the heat, then don't dish it out, taker.
For someone who doesn't care if I like the game or not your trying real hard to make me feel bad about my opinion of the game. I don't like it and if you can't handle that fact then that's your problem.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#19 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:36 am

Whatever you say, taker.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#20 Post by Gronagor » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:02 am

Hahaha! The poor guy probably didn't have enough suck time on his mother's tit. Sorry to hear that effendi.
Can give you a number for a good psychologist...

Please guys. Blocks his IP address. He's obviously just here to stir trouble.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#21 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:14 am

Negative opinions can still be given in a respectful way. If you had decided to come over, congratulate us on the release but state that you didn't enjoy the game (though you still played through it several times, hmmm) and were specific and objective about what aspects you did not like and why you did not like them, people would disagree but might also respect your opinion.

If you do decide to waltz in here, make a general and vague statement that you didn't like the game and then proceeded to tell the team they didn't put enough effort into it, please don't be surprised people don't think highly of you. The key to beating cyber desinhibition and avoiding coming across as a dick is to take a step back and ask yourself: "would I say this to a person I'd meet face to face on the street?" before hitting that submit button. :)

Solarkid
Knight Status

#22 Post by Solarkid » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 am

Xandarius wrote:You can really tell AGDI's hearts were in it (which I'm not so sure can be said about the QFG1 remake that Sierra did). I really think that QFG2VGA is a better remake than Sierra ever would have, or could have, created.
I totally agree, the remake is fantastic. And i think that what REALLY stands out about it, is the fact that they didn't just remake the graphics and sound to a higher level. They also added in so many extras which honestly made the game feel almost new to me. I'm sure we all thought of a few cool things that could have gone into the original qfg2 when we first played it, but it seems to me like the AGDIs have implemented ALL those things, plus a huge number of extra things that many of us didn't even think of! The game is just beautiful in so many senses of the word. I remember when i first came across the wee alley merchants/rubbish piles and things in the alleys, i thought it gave the game so much character, and yet it seems like such a small difference, but has a huge effect. And i could go on for hours about all the little details I love, but the point I'm making (and why i chose to have a dig at that particular part of Effendi's post) is that it is fine to express an opinion on the game, but don't dare suggest they didn't work hard on it, the little details i've pointed out PROVE how hard they've worked on it. In fact, a lot of the newish great games are known as great games because of exactly that, it is clear that a lot of thought has gone into the small details that make it fun, interesting and New.

Dave

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#23 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Again, Erpy with the wisdom.

I think the game is great. I also have a greater appreciation for what it takes to make a game, let alone re-make one, and the sheer amount of love that went into QFG2 makes me happy. I think the game is tremendous, and a tremendous accomplishment. People will always try and slag you down when you climb a mountain, mainly because they haven't done it.

Bt

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#24 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:51 pm

His opinion of the game is relatively inconsequential given that more useful criticisms have come from more respectable and reliable sources. I say 'relatively', because, we do try to look into all aspects of the game where people post constructive criticism and amend things wherever possible. I think this is evident from a cursory glance at the list of improvements we added for v1.1. What this guy posted was just garbage feedback, which would normally be disregarded.

However, what made the difference here is that I was already in a "too-much-to-do, not-enough-hours-in-the-day" sort of mood before he proceeded to tell us we didn't put enough effort into the game -- despite the fact that he played it... what... three times and took nearly a month to post about his experience because, presumably he was busy playing it. Well, that pissed me off royally.

Effendi: I think if you had to put even a fraction of the amount of time and effort spent on this remake onto something, you'd buckle under the pressure in weeks, if not days. Pulling constant all-nighters, sacrificing paid jobs for freebies, having a zero-dollar budget, and not relying on any kind of substance abuse to 'make life easier' through the process takes far more dedication and effort than you'll ever comprehend. Therefore, I challenge you to show us all something you've spent even a fraction of 8 years working on for free with no budget, and let us be the judge of whether you're credible enough to be throwing around such pretentious opinions. If you cannot, or this request is met with silence, then please concede that you have acted like a jackass.

I noticed that he now tries to report every post in this thread where someone has attempted to point out the error of his ways! He visits the thread to read all the bad stuff people are saying about his handling of the situation, yet he never makes any attempt to rectify things - just tries to cover it up. Like, what's acceptable for him, is not acceptable for anyone else? Jeez, talk about missing the hint. Like I said, if you can't deal with the flak, why start it? You wanted a reaction, and now you've got one. It didn't quite turn out the way you expected, but that's life, and now you know what we have to contend with here all the bloody time. Thank your lucky stars, this isn't a daily occurrence for you.

Now if you want to try again, then you can start by apologizing for being a nitwit and explaining things more clearly. If you're civil, then people will be more willing to listen to your feedback as long as it's constructive. If you're not willing to do that, then kindly get lost.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#25 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 am

You gotta love the irony in his name, though.