QFG2 VGA remake v1.1 released?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

papste
Royal Servant Status

QFG2 VGA remake v1.1 released?

#1 Post by papste » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:59 am

Found out that version 1.1 was released accidentally by reading a post about not being able to duck the attacks by the golem in Ad-Avis ritual chamber.

Was there an announcement of the new version release somewhere that i missed? I could not find anything in the game web page either...

Maybe there was some clue that i missed, but can the AGDI team make it more obvious next time a new build is being released plz? ;)

EDIT: OMG you guys are so persistent to fixing every little detail possible! You even fixed some insignificant visual inconsistency in the intro where the genie hand grabs the mountain that i reported weeks ago and which can only be seen on a very bright monitor. AGDI team rocks imo!

EDIT2: Yikes! my savegames won't work with the new version? Any way to bypass that? If not can we post a warning somewhere?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: QFG2 VGA remake v1.1 released?

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:52 am

It was announced in the sticky at the very top of the QFG2 forum. But with the amounts of traffic that forum gets, I'm not surprised people overlooked it.

And no, I'm afraid savegames don't carry over. When creating games in AGS, making changes in the general game script (such as adding characters, animations or even variables) causes savegames to become useless. It would have been impossible to adress some issues without changing the general script.

Kotskoets
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Kotskoets » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Erpy wrote:It was announced in the sticky at the very top of the QFG2 forum. But with the amounts of traffic that forum gets, I'm not surprised people overlooked it.

And no, I'm afraid savegames don't carry over. When creating games in AGS, making changes in the general game script (such as adding characters, animations or even variables) causes savegames to become useless. It would have been impossible to adress some issues without changing the general script.

Look at that face!

etherlad
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by etherlad » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Something to keep in mind for v1.2, pretty please?

I miss the alt-text on the main menu from the EGA version. Right clicking on the scorpion resulted in "looks like you found the first bug in the game. Congratulations!" The candle gave "is this your trial by fire? Nah. Too small." And the scroll itself produced a message about early game programming using primitive scrolling techniques.

Any chance these can get added back in? (:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Left-click on the stuff in the title screen instead of right-clicking.

etherlad
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by etherlad » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Erpy wrote:Left-click on the stuff in the title screen instead of right-clicking.

D'oh! :o