WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

XboxNation
Peasant Status

Re: WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE

#26 Post by XboxNation » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Effendi is no critic, he's a troll.

C'mon ignore him.

AGDI's did a great job, everyone knows that. The praise has been issued and was due in my opinion.

This person is dissatisfied with his life, not the game. The game is wonderful. and so are the AGDI's and all others who aided in its development.

What I really must ask for now, on an unrelated note is a bit over the top, but bears some relevance:

I want a forum-based emulation of the Fight engine from the game.

Your forum stats should determine your beefiness etc.

I know that's a ludicrous amount of work, but, I couldn't resist the urge to suggest on account of the fact I'd like to get some knife practice on effendi.

PS to AGDIs; Actually, if it's not derivative of another game and is exportable to all PHB or whatever they are called boards, you could charge for that and it probably would be quite popular.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Asrai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:07 pm

XboxNation wrote:I want a forum-based emulation of the Fight engine from the game.

I love the idea of being to use the combat system against other live players too.

Now the based on your forum stats bit... Well, they could do that. And then they could change the name of the boards to Fred's Diner, where the huge staff of trolls will serve up copious amounts of Spam, Spam and ham, Spam and eggs, Spam and Spam... and well you can guess the rest. ;)

XboxNation
Peasant Status

#28 Post by XboxNation » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Asrai wrote:
XboxNation wrote:I want a forum-based emulation of the Fight engine from the game.

I love the idea of being to use the combat system against other live players too.

Now the based on your forum stats bit... Well, they could do that. And then they could change the name of the boards to Fred's Diner, where the huge staff of trolls will serve up copious amounts of Spam, Spam and ham, Spam and eggs, Spam and Spam... and well you can guess the rest. ;)
Right, bad idea. Uhm, make it based on play experience. Even better.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#29 Post by Schloss Ritter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 am

Retromags.com uses the InvisionBoard type of forums with a plugin called AtkShop, much like what people are describing above. Each person has a HP, Strength, and XP meter and can use certain weapons (depending on your current Str) to damage other users' HP. An ever increasing amount of XP gets you to the next level, where you gain a bit more max HP and Str with each level. Attacking depletes your strength, and you may be automatically counter-attacked and lose HP. Both these can be recovered by buying and using various potions with Gold you gain from posting, etc. Also, attacks expire after a certain amount of time depending on your level (60-180 minutes on that forum), so the person attacked automatically regains lost HP and Str. But the attacker can then also attack again.

Unfortunately, Retromags's AtkShop has been broken since the last board software update.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#30 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:49 am

XboxNation wrote: Your forum stats should determine your beefiness etc.
:: looks at forum stats ::
Aw I'd be screwed! I'd have to hide on the art thread and pray no one attacked me :P

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#31 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 am

The only way the forum stat thing would work is if the old timers agreed not to be needlessly cruel to the newbies.

And what's the fun in that? :p

SirFuzzi
Peasant Status

#32 Post by SirFuzzi » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:11 am

I agree completely. This remake was AWESOME! It was everything I expected of it and more. I want to keep playing it- my next run's going to be a Thief.

Not sure I want to try a Magic User, but I may yet.

Regardless, the graphics were fine-tuned, and damn- that battle system is RIDICULOUS. I have the most fun I'll ever have with the Quest for Glory series fighting Khaveen over... and over... and over on the highest difficulty.

(Although sometimes, I manage to pin him with vertical slashes- oh well)

Regardless, this 'effendi' character certainly hasn't got a 'nobile caws'. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise- those eight years may not have produced the longest game in the world, but hell freeze over if they didn't make damn near the finest piece of work I've seen in 2008.

Besides, what's there to complain about? It's ****ing free, man. We should be kissing their toes for that alone!

gordon
Peasant Status

#33 Post by gordon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:52 pm

As I have never played the whole original game in EGA version (but only a few randomly selected scenes available with teleporting cheat in blue frog mode) I can't judge and compare much changes between the experience from playing the original and this brand new version but it's clear that this remake isn't just a remake meaning the better graphics and better sound. The main storyline of course stayed the same and we surely wouldn't want else but the game in general has been greatly improved by adding many new details and funny surprises as for example the teleporting the hero to the swamp in Mordavia after the wish to be sponsored by Dark Master in WIT with cool message (this couldn't be included in original release as Wages of War didn't exist nor as no player would understand it before playing the Shadows of Darkness). I want to say that it wasn't only programming and paintwork on developing of this game but to our please also many new ideas which fair fit to the game and move it to the next level of fun. The waiting was very long but the result worth it and I can't imagine what could be better yet. Only thing I have some apparently local problems with saving more than 30 game positions (you can read here) and can't understand why their files must be so big. But against the quality of the game no objection.