Some ideas what to do?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JLM5
Royal Servant Status

Some ideas what to do?

#1 Post by JLM5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm playing with Magic User being currently at day 10. My problem is, that I don't know how to spend my time. It is quite boring just wait for the day when the next elemental attacks (is it day 12?). Actually I can just walk around the desert and fight some monsters... and wait. I have tried to talk different persons (like Dervis, merchants etc.), but usually they have just the same topics to talk. I have also completed the trials in WIT and bought a Saurus.

Can you give me some useful ideas how to spend time in Shapeir?

Ps. I haven't played original QFG2 EGA very much.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Some ideas what to do?

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Did you get to upgrade your two projectile spells?

In case you're playing the classic system, there's a hidden sidequest to fulfill.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#3 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Also, you can rest the days away in your room until the next story event if you feel you've done everything...

JLM5
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by JLM5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Erpy wrote:Did you get to upgrade your two projectile spells?

In case you're playing the classic system, there's a hidden sidequest to fulfill.
No, I haven't got the upgrades, since the magic games feel quite difficult (especially Aziza's one).

What kind of sidequest there is? I'm playing with simplified alley system (not with the classic one?), but does it prevent the quest to be fulfilled?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#5 Post by DrJones » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:29 pm

JLM5 wrote:No, I haven't got the upgrades, since the magic games feel quite difficult (especially Aziza's one).

What kind of sidequest there is? I'm playing with simplified alley system (not with the classic one?), but does it prevent the quest to be fulfilled?
The quest simply isn't there on the simplified alleyways. If you are bored, you can try to kill the Griffin, or try to get a Ghoul head for the guild hall.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#6 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:31 pm

JLM5 wrote:
Erpy wrote:Did you get to upgrade your two projectile spells?

No, I haven't got the upgrades, since the magic games feel quite difficult (especially Aziza's one).

Keep trying on the magic games, as they refill your magic after each try.

This particular sidequest has precursors leading to it that only appear in the alleys accessible in the classic alley system.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#7 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

DrJones wrote:The quest simply isn't there on the simplified alleyways. If you are bored, you can try to kill the Griffin, or try to get a Ghoul head for the guild hall.
Just remember that attacking the Griffon is pretty dishonorable. Also, I thought only fighters could get the ghoul head for the trophy.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

They merely refill your magic when you win and there's no more prices to get. But they're both worth mastering. (Cyricz' FAQ explains them pretty well) You get to pass time, raise your magic skills quickly and get powerful projectile attacks.

EDIT: No, ghoul heads can be obtained by any class, as long as the prerequisites are fulfilled.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by Xandarius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 am

I'm playing as a magic user too, and besides working on the side-quests and saving up money to buy all the nice, useless junk you can decorate your room with, just working on raising all of my stats to 200 (including the spell skill stats). I also practice with Uhura and play the magic games every day. The games are difficult and complicated at first, but they really do get easier and become enjoyable the more you play them. I also have made a point to sell the maximum amount of ghoul claws and scorpion tails to the apothecary. I haven't run out of things to do as of day 11, and I know on day 12 I'll have to take care of another elemental and solve the dervish's puzzle. I don't know about this magician's side-quest. I should look into it...

SPOILER PARAGRAPH below...

If you don't already know about it, you can complete the brigand-in-the-city sidequest and pursue to fifth elemental.

SPOILER ABOVE.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by gogogoff » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:38 am

Erpy wrote: EDIT: No, ghoul heads can be obtained by any class, as long as the prerequisites are fulfilled.
How would i do this ?

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Xandarius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:48 am

Sometimes, when you kill a ghoul, its head is severed. Pick up the head and take it to Uhura. It'll be mounted on the guild hall wall next time you visit. ... Gross. But cool.

JLM5
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by JLM5 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Xandarius wrote:...I haven't run out of things to do as of day 11, and I know on day 12 I'll have to take care of another elemental and solve the dervish's puzzle. I don't know about this magician's side-quest. I should look into it...
What is Dervish's puzzle? How it can be found? As far as I remember, Dervish hasn't spoken to me about any kind of puzzle. He has just the same discussion topics from day to day.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#13 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm

On day 12, visit the Dervish. He'll mention something about a puzzle and five W's.