Blue Frog Mode

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rexx63
Peasant Status

Blue Frog Mode

#1 Post by Rexx63 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:39 am

OK, I give, I have done everything I can think of with this Blue Frog, but I can't activate the "Cheat" mode. I know, most people think this is just a ploy to win quickly, but I have beat the game with the fighter, thief, and a hybrid, and I have beaten the P.E., with all three. Just want to be one of the guys who "do everything" in the game, so I ask, How in the heck do you activate the blue frog mode, and the battle mode, all things I have read about on the forums, but I can't figure out. If you would PM me an answer, someone please!

Thank you,

Rexx63

paladin_122
Peasant Status

Re: Blue Frog Mode

#2 Post by paladin_122 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 pm

I would also appreciate a PM on how to get the Blue frog mode working.
I have completed the game as a pure fighter & a pure mage. I would just love to get the blue frog mode so that I can import a Hybrid into QfG3.

I could just dust of my old copy of qfg2EGA but I love the new combat system too much to go back :(

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Chances are it'd be just as efficient to simply play through with a hybrid from scratch/import and export that one.

paladin_122
Peasant Status

#4 Post by paladin_122 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:19 pm

I could do that but I as far as I know its not possible to start as a fighter with all of the stats.
I would need to play through qfg1 from the start as a thief to get all the stats & then import it to qfg2VGA where I cannot change my class. I want to play as a fighter for the cool new fighting moves.
I love the rising slash & the flip.

by the way: Love the easter egg when you simply type in the cheat code :D

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 pm

paladin_122 wrote:...then import it to qfg2VGA where I cannot change my class.
Who told you that? You can change class at the start in AGDI's QfG2. You just can't change it to Paladin, of course.

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by ulmont » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 pm

paladin_122 wrote:I could do that but I as far as I know its not possible to start as a fighter with all of the stats.
It is, if you play through QFG1. In QFG1 add Stealth, Pick Locks, and Magic (or pick your favorite combinations). Beat QFG1. When importing into QFG2 you get given more points. So then add Climbing. That's what I did (I think. I may have left stealth off until QFG2 instead of Climbing. The model is the same).

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Xandarius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:51 am

Also keep in mind you can wish for two new skills from the djinni. Also, you get a chance to learn climbing in Quest for Glory 4. But that's for the patient...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Brainiac » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Xandarius wrote:Also, you get a chance to learn climbing in Quest for Glory 4. But that's for the patient...
The patient Fighter or Paladin...or one that realizes Climbing is not maxable in QfG3 and thus wishes to skip it.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by Xandarius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Right. It always bothered me that you couldn't do much with your climbing in QFG3, especially considering that there're trees EVERYWHERE. But sometimes you just have to let go.

SilverZero
Peasant Status

#10 Post by SilverZero » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:58 pm

So, I still haven't seen any actual answers to the OP's question. Who cares what his motives are? Does anybody here know how to enable the cheat mode?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:52 pm

He asked for a PM and maybe he did indeed get one.

Rexx63
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Rexx63 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:31 pm

Well, I got a response, with a link to a file that would allow the "blue frog mode" to be enabled, but I still don't know how to get the mode without copying a file into my QFG2 directory. Also, still haven't heard anything about the battle mode...

Any help, either pm, or post here for all, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rexx63

Rexx63
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Rexx63 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:09 pm

OK, with almost 700 views, it looks like I am not the only one wondering about how to access the "hidden" modes. I would like to thank C****(You know who you are) for the info on how to unlock blue frog, but on the battle mode issue, I have heard that you must defeat EVERY enemy, including the P.E., which I have done, and still no love for battle mode. Do you have to fight the Griffin as well? Because I have always just left him alone...

Thanks for the help everyone,

Rexx63

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#14 Post by Erpy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 am

No, you don't have to fight the griffin, nor do you have to fight every single monster in the game. (the mode is unlockable by all classes) It's unlocked in a very similar manner to Blue Frog Mode, but the blue frog is substituted by something else. That's the only difference.

darkforge
Peasant Status

#15 Post by darkforge » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:43 am

Rexx63 wrote:OK, with almost 700 views, it looks like I am not the only one wondering about how to access the "hidden" modes. I would like to thank C****(You know who you are) for the info on how to unlock blue frog, but on the battle mode issue, I have heard that you must defeat EVERY enemy, including the P.E., which I have done, and still no love for battle mode. Do you have to fight the Griffin as well? Because I have always just left him alone...

Thanks for the help everyone,

Rexx63
This post explains exactly how to unlock Blue Frog Mode and Battle Mode without cheating

http://darkforge.blogspot.com/2008/11/s ... e-and.html