It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: QFG III Daggers??? Help me brothers!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:15 am 
Peasant Status

Having come fresh from a successful run through AGDI's masterpiece, I turned to my ancient copy of QFG3 to continue on my quest (hopefully to make it through the whole serious, even the damnable number V). But now, playing QFG3 for the first time since the 90's, I find I cannot figure for the life of me how to pick up loose daggers after they are thrown.

Is this no option in the game? Are daggers thrown lost forever? I don't recall such nonsense from my first play through, but I scoured the internet for an answer and found nothing, and I threw out the box and manual sometime back in highschool. Are daggers really lost forever? That seems ridiculous to me, especially coming from AGDI's fantastic combat system. Anyone have the answer?

Post subject: Re: QFG III Daggers??? Help me brothers!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 am 

You can't manually pick them up, but you retrieve them automatically when you leave the screen (as long as you're not running away from a living monster).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 am 
Forum Administrator

Yeah, when you leave the screen and return to the overworld map, there's a message telling you you retrieve all your daggers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:49 am 
Peasant Status

Clearly, I'm an idiot.

Bless you fellas!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:21 am 
Peasant Status

Another fine example of how this game holds your hand to it's detriment. I like to, on occasion, forget my daggers and be forced to buy more; what with friendly sponsors buying me a room (in spite of my princely wallet), monsters forking out aid and Waffle sprites for the needy (WTF, does Big Mama Gaia Tree send those out?), I've got to tilt the scale sometimes and practice clumsiness - it fits into the story though since Salim enables the hero into a drug problem.

If QFG3 didn't have a kick arse atmosphere and story, I might actually dislike the experience. Though I'm sure it will be a wee bit of a come down after QFG2VGA, by AGDInteractive - reving past adventures