Marrying Katrina Patch

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

Marrying Katrina Patch

#1 Post by Nightfall1121 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Does anyone know where I can find and download a patch or fix for the bug that prevents you from marrying Katrina in QFGV? If so, where can I find it, and how do I use it? Thanks.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Marrying Katrina Patch

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 pm

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Nightfall1121 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:22 am

I did, thank you. Unfortunately, the download doesn't seem to be there anymore. I also tried Googling it... Looks like I might be out of luck... *disappointed sigh*

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:45 am

Try A Hero's Quest for Glory. That site has the official v1.2 patch as well as the unofficial 2000/XP patch.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Dr. Spengler » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:57 am

Color me lost, but what's this about marrying Katrina in Quest for Glory 5?

adeyke

#6 Post by adeyke » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:37 am

In QfG5, the Hero has the option of marrying one of several women. There was a bug in the original release that caused problems with marrying Katrina, and there was an official patch to fix this. But if you didn't know this already, I'm guessing you didn't play the game, so a more thorough explanation would be spoilery.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Dr. Spengler » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am

Could it be the same Katrina from Shadows of Darkness? If you don't wanna spoil it, how about you PM me with the info, so that no one will know?

Thanks. ;)

Goilveig
Knight Status

#8 Post by Goilveig » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:30 am

Dr. Spengler wrote:Could it be the same Katrina from Shadows of Darkness? If you don't wanna spoil it, how about you PM me with the info, so that no one will know?
Spoiler below, highlight for the answer:

Yes, it's the same Katrina from Shadows of Darkness. As part of QFG5 you go to Hades, and have the option to make a huge sacrifice (1/2 of your Vitality, and lemme tell you, re-grinding 250 points of Vit sucks) in order to bring back to life your choice of one of two souls who love you.

Since you've obviously played QFG4, I'm pretty sure you can guess your other option.

End spoiler

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Dr. Spengler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:52 am

I just saw some of Ripper's playthrough video's on YouTube of Quest for Glory 5 as a thief. He brought Katrina back, but it kinda backfired for him.

He brought up Tanya to Katrina. Could THAT be the reason why Katrina rejected his offer for marriage?

Could it be that Ripper's "Hero" was a thief with a legacy of "stealing & deception"?

Or could it be that didn't download this patch to marry Katrina?

Can a regular sword fighter be able to win Katrina over?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:14 am

Thieves or people with thief skills can't ever marry Katrina, even with the patch. A normal fighter class without thief skills can.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Dr. Spengler » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:28 am

I see. Well, I know for damn sure that when I get all the Quest for Glory games for Christmas (via Amazon, and I'll basically be getting the Quest for Glory Anthology & Quest for Glory 5 game), I'll be a normal fighter with ZERO thief skills.

I won't be a Paladin, either.

Anyway, how do I basically get around the senario of marrying Elsa Von Speilburg to marry Katrina?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:39 am

Good, because paladins can't marry Katrina either.

In order to avoid marrying Elsa, just don't give Elsa any gifts, don't tell her you love her and don't offer her Hera's ring. Instead, focus your attention on Katrina and make certain you give her stuff she likes.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#13 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:10 pm

My Thief stayed a bachelor and also left both Katrina and Erana to rot, in vengeance for my Wizard being spurned by Katrina because he had all the skills (forked import off my Thief with all skills after QfG2). Earlier, I had the Fighter marry Nawar since I messed up on the timing and missed the chances to court Elsa and also rescued Erana, who isn't into Fighters. I had the Wizard marry Elsa just so I could see that option. When I get to replaying QfG2VGA as a pure Wizard, I'll finally be able to replay QfG5 as a Wizard and hook him up with Katrina as I originally planned. Then my final run will be with a Paladin, who will pair up with Erana.

El Ravager
Knight Status

#14 Post by El Ravager » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Hmm...I never tried leaving them both in Hades. How do you do the Atlantis rite if you don't rescue one of them?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#15 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 am

If you choose to rescue neither, Erana will give you the amulet. I've never checked what happened if you pick Katrina but refuse to pay the vitality price.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Brainiac » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Erpy wrote:If you choose to rescue neither, Erana will give you the amulet. I've never checked what happened if you pick Katrina but refuse to pay the vitality price.
In the latter case, Katrina will give you the amulet instead. She's a bit nasty about it, though (which is certainly understandable).