Nintendo announces DSi

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

Nintendo announces DSi

#1 Post by Chief » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 am

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Re: Nintendo announces DSi

#2 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:13 am

Well now I have an excuse to get another DS and keeping my old one. New DS hooks up to the Wii. Old DS has GBA slot but why though why did Nintendo do this to us 1st DS could not play Game Boy or Game Boy Color only GBA. 2nd they add a cool feature Wii connectivity but they take out the GBA slot making all Game Boy Games obsolete GB GBC and GBA it burns me up what next make a DS with no DS game slot. >:

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Already mentioned in the gamers' thread.

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 pm

After actually tallying up....I got more GBA games than DS ones! Clunky old DS stays. That and I'm too poor for any new consoles as it is.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 pm

I have more GBA than DS as well. But I also have more classic GB and GBC than GBA. Thus my silver GBA SP stays too. And if you think I'm dumping my Gold Triforce DS, you're nuts! :p

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Gold Triforce DS? *bows down in awe*

But I have the Triforce purse. ^_^ People see it and ask me if it's the biohazardous materials symbol, or a devil-worshippin' thing. Geez, and I thought Zelda would be a more universal thing by now.

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#7 Post by Senor Matt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Are these your accountant friends or your punk rock friends asking you this?

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 am

No, most re-a-tards at school/work. You know, I'm "weird" because I don't want to spend $900 on some designer purse in spite of being poor; or being an even bigger re-a-tard and RENTING one.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 am

I really don't get what my this Nintendo DS and different from the current model out there and think it's just another way to make money, entirely useless!

MusicallyInspired

#10 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 am

Did you read anything? There's 2 cameras, an SD card slot, music player, and enhanced Wi-Fi for the new DSWare downloadable content (that won't be available on the DSphat or DSlite).

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#11 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:54 am

I still think it sucks they took out the GBA port. Cause I was looking at my FC Twin. For those of you who don't know what it is it is a NES SNES hybrid that I bought off Ebay cause I was and still am running out of room for game systems with PS3 on the way and no where to put it. So now my hand held systems will be piling up as well I'm getting a FC mobile soon no matter what it's basically a hand held Nintendo and I have A GBA DS NGP and I need a new GG and now a damn DS with features that should have been in it in the first place. >: But anyways now that I'm cooled off some! It will at least be compatible with the old DS for download play right?

MusicallyInspired

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:02 pm

If you're talking about DSWare (downloadable games you buy with Nintendo points) then no. That's not compatible with the first 2 DS's since they don't have enhanced Wi-Fi, and SD Card slot, and internal storage space. But regular DS games Wi-Fi Multiplayer games will work like any other.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by Music Head » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 am

I dont see the point of handhelds... considering computers can do so much more, and given a few years, emulate any games or applications for a handheld. Only use I can see for them is to kill time on long trips, but any decent mobile phone can provide entertainment for that; plus, everyone nowadays owns a mobile and computer, why add another device to your collection. Maybe one shouldn't put all their eggs into one basket?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#14 Post by Brainiac » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Honestly, the reasons to get a handheld are many have unique and excellent games that are not available on any other system, they typically have more capability than current cell phones (at least in the US), and they're certainly more easily usable in terms of portability than even a laptop.

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:52 pm

Agreed. I'd rather spend my money on games than a fancy cell phone. I don't need one of those cell phones that can practically get outer space transmissions. Phones also only have so much memory and battery power to hold tons of games anyway.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#16 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 am

it's the same reason I use shoe laces when I know Velcro can do the same function.