Magic using thief - bug at the end of the game

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Magic using thief - bug at the end of the game

#26 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:14 am

If you were the thief in the original and took the route through the harem, you never encountered Khaveen at all. AGD2 scripted the ritual chamber, but since I was the one who made all the "special sequences", I was the one who inserted the ropewalk into that room. I made two versions, one that was exactly like the original and one where Khaveen appeared and followed you. We both liked the addition, so we left it in until we could hear more opinions. Nobody complained, so it remained the way it is now.

shikadi
Peasant Status

#27 Post by shikadi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 am

Erpy wrote:Sorry, the statement previously made was inaccurate. The criteria are:

- A magic rope that has at least 1 charge left
- More than 3 projectiles
- Stealth skill
- Throwing skill of 60 or higher
I satisfy all the criteria but it doesn't let me in. I'm playing as a thief with 106 stealth, 92 throwing, 3 daggers, and a magic rope that's been used twice. I also have a 32 magic if that matters. Are you sure I don't need more daggers?

Edit: Sorry, I see it says 'more than 3', so my one dagger I can't throw doesn't count. Anywhere in the area I can get another projectile?

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#28 Post by Ekinatial » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:28 am

slight.. minor spoiler here.

So not the thief... but I was a fighter with magic, and I kept getting turned into a saurus at ad avis. Do I need to start over without the magic skill, or is it just reversal? If that's what it is, then I knew I'd regret typing "to become a wizard" in WIT...

Also, I didn't become a paladin... and I did eeeeverything. Is it because I was a wizard as far as the game was concerned?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Brainiac » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:49 am

A Fighter and a Wizard can both become Paladins while still completing everything in their specific games. Only a Thief has to restrain himself. If you did everything, presuming you meant every possible Paladin Point action, did you do any Thief activities or peep on Zayishah? Those would disqualify you from becoming a Paladin. Of course, to become a Paladin, you have to finish the game and from what you're describing, you haven't yet.

As far as Ad Avis, yeah, cast Reversal if you have it to bounce off any directed magic like his transformative spell. You should also move as quickly as possible to deal with the gargoyle, move a candle, and dispatch Ad Avis.

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Ekinatial » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 pm

I've played the game many times, and I've even become a paladin as a wizard. however I do recall someone asking if the error of becoming a paladin as a wizard was corrected,so that's why I ask. and obviously I finished the game if I know I didn't become a paladin =p

But having the xray glasses gets you DQed? I thought it was just an easter egg, and I've always done it and still became a paladin.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#31 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 pm

But having the xray glasses gets you DQed?
This time around it does.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by pikaporeon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 pm

if you drop them before Zayisha you'll be fine [i saved ri ght before, went in, loaded, and dropped them and still got my paladin]

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#33 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm

You can have them in your inventory, you just shouldn't be wearing them.

Ekinatial
Peasant Status

#34 Post by Ekinatial » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:14 pm

paladins are people too! they're not perfect! They have desire for flesh like the rest of us!

but yeah. I have my saved game before I caravan to rasier, as I always do since the time I was on the edge of the balcony and didn't have enough daggers... so I'll just load that one up.

and since I'm posting anyway... great game. I love it. I feel like a badass when I fight and the brigand and I exchange parries more than once. it's cool. clang clang clang slice! Makes you feel like you accomplished something. Because you did. You parried, got parried, then so quickly out of instinct parried again, then kicked ass. awesome.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#35 Post by Brainiac » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Ekinatial wrote:paladins are people too! they're not perfect! They have desire for flesh like the rest of us!
Desires of the flesh aren't the problem; peeping on someone changing behind a curtain is.

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#36 Post by Peter Swinkels » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Okay, I'm stuck at the end of the game (Quest for Glory II VGA 1.0) and reading this thread hasn't helped.

I'm playing as a thief hybrid with points for all skills. Once I enter the castle, I don't get taken to the harem. I get taken directly to the antechamber. I've to calm Khaveen before I can enter Ad Avis' balcony. Once I've thrown over one of the candles, I use the reversal spell to prevent being turned into a saurus. (Khaveen gets turned into a snake instead.) A few seconds after that I get fried by Ad Avis no matter what I try. So what do I do?

Among the things I have are all spells, a magic rope, the ring, and two daggers.

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by Muadeeb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Walk to the left a bit and force bolt the cauldron into Ad Avis.

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#38 Post by Peter Swinkels » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Thank you Muadeeb, that worked.

jam3s
Peasant Status

#39 Post by jam3s » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:21 am

I did notice that a bug appears in the final end game sequence if you have both music and sound levels set to 0. Scripting error expects vol to be > 1.

Playing through as fighter, dodge stone, move to run, knock candle and circle of fire, followed by scripting bug.