Importing Paladin into QFG3

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Kaleban
Peasant Status

Importing Paladin into QFG3

#1 Post by Kaleban » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:37 am

Love the re-make, so much fun with the combat system lol.

But I'm having a small issue. And I've looked everywhere and figured this would be the place to ask when I couldn't find the answer.

The problem is, I finish QFG2VGA with a Fighter (gave him climbing too), without any of the thief skills and no magic. I got 550 points (and unlocked Blue Frog by the way, cool) and Rakeesh spoke for me and I became a Paladin. Nice. But when I import him into QFG3, he's still listed as a Paladin and everything seems to be fine, except for two things:

1. The intro movie shows the Wizard ending when defeating Ad Avis

2. Once my Paladin points reach the threshold for Heal (around 25-30 points I think) my character is given a 5 in Magic but no spells.

Number 1 isn't so bad, but I'd like to play through the QFGs into Dragon Fire with a pure Paladin, no magic, as I already have a Wizard character and do not want to "hybridize" nor deal with raising magic skills again (I'm kind of a perfectionist lol).

So is there any way to NOT get magic skill in QFG3 as a Paladin, or do I need to skip it and just import to QFG4?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Importing Paladin into QFG3

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 am

I think QFG3 is to blame here. In order to access the magic menu (where the heal spell is located), you need a magic stat above 0, so when you gain healing hands, you also gain 5 points of magic. There's no way to avoid this.

Sharpshooter
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Sharpshooter » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Kaleban wrote: The intro movie shows the Wizard ending when defeating Ad Avis
That is a pretty famous bug, that can happen even with imported QFG2EGA Paladins. Isn't the Wizard intro shown whenever your Intelligence is very high? Something like that?

Kaleban
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Kaleban » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, the intro movie thing doesn't really bug me, I just wanted to play through QFG3 as a Paladin without acquiring spells.

I guess I'll have to skip it and just go to QFG4 then, bummer.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 pm

You won't acquire any other spells in QFG3 if you don't ask Johari about Lightning Ball. You could try to just ignore the magic stat.

Kaleban
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Kaleban » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:24 pm

It wouldn't be hard to ignore it in QFG3, but once you import to QFG4 you're given ALL missing spells on import, which, in this case would be all of them lol.

I realize I'm just splitting hairs here, as I can simply ignore spells entirely, but being the stat maxer I am lol, its difficult to do. I'd rather just not have it at all rather than have to contend with the menu showing them all every time I want to select a Paladin ability I guess. Maybe I'm just OCD that way.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Brainiac » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:20 am

Kaleban wrote:It wouldn't be hard to ignore it in QFG3, but once you import to QFG4 you're given ALL missing spells on import, which, in this case would be all of them lol.
I've actually imported without spells into QfG4 myself. Doesn't matter though as when you get Healing Hands in that title you get the same effect of insta-Magic (and in this case, if you haven't gotten the amulet from the gypsies yet, you can never get it - only the Aura Spell).