Getting more of jackalmen

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TomCaT
Peasant Status

Getting more of jackalmen

#1 Post by TomCaT » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:43 pm

I've noticed the following:

after the tough fight with a pack, especially a big one, the bodies are stacked all around. When the Hero tries to search a stack, it seems only one corpse is examined, and his possessions taken. Repeated search of a stack of 2 or more bodies in one place gives the message "monsters broke" and that's it. It is inconvenient. Is it right?

(a hero who killed the monster usually can move it around if not lift up and carry with him :) . Maybe the avility of searching the whole stack can be made dependent on how strong the hero is? ).

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Getting more of jackalmen

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:11 pm

When you click the hand on a pile, you'll search the entire pile. If you fought 4 jacks and you laid them out on separate rows, you'll have to search four times. If you created 2 piles of 2 jacks, you'll have to search twice. If you piled them all up, you'll only have to search once. When you search a pile, you'll search all jacks of the pile at the same time. However, it is true that the bigger a pile, the less money (per jackal) you'll probably find. That is to say...if you laid out two jackals separately, you might find 3 dinars on each, but piling them both up might cause you to only find 5 dinars on the entire pile. The bigger the pile, the more difficult it is to search each jackal thoroughly so if you're aching for cash, kill the individual jackals in separate spots.

TomCaT
Peasant Status

#3 Post by TomCaT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:25 am

Erpy wrote:However, it is true that the bigger a pile, the less money (per jackal) you'll probably find.
Ah-ha, so it is this way... I've saved before the fight and tried 2 ways: to throw them far between, or all in a huge pile.
The difference was like I killed 1 jackalman instead of 3... Still, I was unsure of exact algorithm - I haven't known for sure whether their possessions were generated randomly at the moment of search, or before the battle...
"Matter of fact, I still wonder." (c) Indiana Jones "The Fate of Atlantis" LucasArts
Erpy wrote:kill the individual jackals in separate spots
Surely, I do already. Thank you anyway.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

The money is generated at the time of search. So you can cheat it by saving before searching the bodies.

Also, the message you get when looking at the piles is different for each size. I find particularly humorous the one you get if you get five in a stack. :lol

TomCaT
Peasant Status

#5 Post by TomCaT » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:15 pm

DrJones wrote:Also, the message you get when looking at the piles is different for each size. I find particularly humorous the one you get if you get five in a stack
What version does the message starts warying from? I have 1.1 and it currently tells "Sorry, the monsters are dead broke." for 2,3 and 4 jackalmen a pack. Still trying to stack 5...

Aw, sorry. It goes "looking", not "looking for a treasure" :) .

Piled 5!
DrJones wrote:particularly humorous the one you get if you get five in a stack
And it is. :D