Debug Mode - Inventory Items List

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MazokuRanma
Peasant Status

Debug Mode - Inventory Items List

#1 Post by MazokuRanma » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:29 am

Ok, so I decided I wanted to play with Debug Mode now that I'm on my third playthrough and I wanted to add some daggers. I tried using the original item codes, but those no longer apply. After looking through the forums I wasn't able to find a list, so I created my own.

CyricZ, I tried your FAQ since I used your original EGA FAQ to find the original item codes, but you don't seem to have these in there yet. Feel free to put these into the new one if you'd like. I'm a big fan of your FAQs, you're very thorough and they're well organized and well written.

And of course, a first post isn't complete without thanking the devs for making such an incredible fan remake. This game fits seamlessly into the current series now. While QFG4 remains my personal favorite (The quirky characters just can't be beaten =D), QFG2 is now firmly in second place. Honestly, if I didn't love the characters and tone of 4 so much this would've easily taken first. The revamped combat system is incredibly fun. The first day I played I immediately left the city figuring I'd grab my scorpion tails real fast for extra cash and got my face stomped by a lowly brigand. :o The pizza elemental fight was epic, I must've fought him 20 times to get the patterns right.

In fact, my one complaint about this game is that you've completely ruined the QFG3 combat system for me. It was already my least favorite, but going into it following the combat in this game makes it feel especially shallow. Erpy, when are you going to redo QFG3s fighting mechanics? :rollin

Anyway, thanks for making such a great game. That you guys spent so much time creating such an amazing game for absolutely free is incredible.

For all you other cheaters out there, the item list is attached. Enjoy.

Edit: Apparently text files can't be uploaded. I'll proceed to post the full list below.

MazokuRanma
Peasant Status

Re: Debug Mode - Inventory Items List

#2 Post by MazokuRanma » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:32 am

1. Sword
2. Chainmail
3. Jerkin
4. Lockpick
5. Money
6. Thieves' License
7. Dagger
8. Thieves' Toolkit
9. Waterskin
10. Ration
11. Shield
12. Zap*
13. Calm*
14. Dazzle*
15. Detect Magic*
16. Fetch*
17. Flame Dart*
18. Force Bolt*
19. Levitate
20. Open*
21. Reversal*
22. Trigger*
23. Red Saurus**
24. Flowers
25. Map
26. Dates***
27. Empty Pot
28. Brass Lamp
29. Cloth Bag
30. Saurus (I don't know if adding this will keep you from dying from not buying a saurus.)
31. Healing Pill
32. Magic Rope
33. Compass
34. Bread***
35. Vigor Pill
36. X-ray Glasses
37. Fine Sword
38. Falafel***
39. Mana Pill
40. Saurus-on-a-stick***
41. Poison Cure Pill
42. Oil
43. Incense
44. Pot of Dirt
45. Soulforge
46. Powder of Burning
47. Sapphire Pin
48. Dispel Potion
49. Bellows
50. Inn Key
51. Silver Tea Service
52. Emerald Bowl
53. Silver Dagger
54. Scorpion Tail
55. Dervish Beard
56. Rock
57. Spare Clothes
58. Hand Mirror
59. Raseirian Visa
60. Magic Lamp
61. Ghoul Claw
62. Blackbird
63. Griffin Feather
64. Fruit of Compassion
65. Omar's Purse
66. Bag of Sand
67. Bag with Magic Earth
68. Bellows with Air Elemental
69. Elemental Waterskin
70. EOF Badge
71. Djinni Ring (Does not allow you to summon the djinni, that's scripted in the Forgotten City.)
72. Boots
73. Sand Dome
74. Trash Can
75. Flower Art Julanar
76. Flower Art Shapier
77. Emerald Rug
78. Sapphire Rug
79. Brass Jar
80. Brass Jar Narrow
81. Potted Plant 1
82. Potted Plant 2
83. Normal Weaving
84. Hero Weaving
85. Pot 1
86. Pot 2
87. Magic Fan
88. Signed QFG2 Game Box
89. Bumper Sticker
90. Ghoul Head
91. Oil Lamp
92. Money Bag
93. Warrior's Diary
94. Blue Frog
95. Basket
96. Basket with Sand
97. Unguent
98. Stored Money
99. Rusty Nail
100. EOF Note
101. Scimitar
102. Bracelet
103. Pizza Box (You will note there is no separate entry for the Pizza Box with Elemental like the other Elementals. If you want Battle Mode, you'll have to defeat the Pizza Elemental, put him in the box, and complete the game with maximum points. Or figure out how to mess with the global int values, assuming the settings for the Pizza Elemental can even be adjusted. I'm willing to bet Erpy won't tell you what they are though... ;p)

* - Adding the spell to your inventory has no effect. Skill must be increased through the separate 'Spell Skills' section and will then be automatically added to your spell tab. Having a 0 in magic will keep your magic tab greyed out even if you raise the skill.

** - Adds the registration for the red saurus. Does not allow use of the red saurus prior to riding the caravan to Rasier.

*** - These are the food items sold by Sloree and Scoree. If you purchase them legitimately, you eat them immediately at the stand. Adding them to your inventory has no real purpose since you can't use them in any way.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#3 Post by Solarkid » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Thanks loads, this is really useful.

Dave

JoshRotella
Peasant Status

#4 Post by JoshRotella » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:15 am

So, on a related note, can someone briefly explain to me what a Global Int is? I'd like to hear a civilian explanation before I go check out a technical manual. Please, feel free to 5k001 me like a n3w6. I've not heard of these before.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#5 Post by DrJones » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:45 am

JoshRotella wrote:So, on a related note, can someone briefly explain to me what a Global Int is? I'd like to hear a civilian explanation before I go check out a technical manual. Please, feel free to 5k001 me like a n3w6. I've not heard of these before.
A global int is a number that can be accesed from anywhere in the program. An example would be one to track the number of remaining "lives" in a platformer. If you want to write a message saying "Hey, you beat the game with X lives", the value of X has to be stored in one of these. The "global" part it's because many programs allow you to have "local int" values that exist for a brief ammount of time and can only be used in one place, but are faster and take less memory than the global ones (well, not technically, but it's a simplification).

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 am

AGS uses a local script for rooms and a global script for everything else. Certain code only concerns a certain room, like the action script of an enemy in a battle scene or Shameen bowing when you enter the inn. Other code concerns things that could apply to multiple rooms, like the code for making the hero's stealth rise while he's sneaking or code that's triggered when you look at a character. (characters can be in multiple rooms, so you can't tie character code to a single room)

Variables declared in rooms can't be accessed outside the global code and variables declared in the global script have to be exported before you can adress them in room code. Global Ints are a feature of AGS...they're pre-declared ints from 1 to 500 or so that can be used everywhere...even in external script modules. During QFG2VGA's construction, we've used plenty of global ints in addition to the normal variables that were declared and the debug option in the blue frog menu lets you modify them.

Most global ints don't actually do anything when you modify them, since they're not meant to be modified outside the script they're used in. Global int 14, for example, keeps track of what item is being bought and thus is also used to determine the merchant's reactions. You don't get the chance to modify it while bargaining and it probably doesn't have any effects when you modify it after or before. There are also a handful of global ints that keep track of major stuff like your position in the desert, your position in the alleyways, the status of an elemental (not appeared, present, defeated, defeated and merchants returned to the plaza) and more.

JoshRotella
Peasant Status

#7 Post by JoshRotella » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:20 am

Okay, I've run into something a little weird. I'm playing as a thief, and I wanted to see if I could perform all of the combat moves. I decided to add the fine sword and shield to my inventory, upped all of my skills and atts up to 250 and wanted to practice with Uhura on this. Problem I ran into, it wouldn't let me use the sword. Even when I put all of the daggers into storage, it still has me fighting with the dagger rather than the sword/shield. Is this a known issue?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 am

It's not a known issue, since it's not an issue but rather an unnatural condition brought on by artificial means. (that is...you cheated) Only fighters can wield swords (whether you carry one as another class or not) and only fighters can use advanced sword techniques. If you want to get all combat techniques, a fighter is the class you need.

JoshRotella
Peasant Status

#9 Post by JoshRotella » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 am

I see. And I take it that the multiple dagger toss is unique to the thief, as well. As the charged Flame Dart is solely the wizard's bag. Hokay. Well, that explains things, I guess.

I've since gone back and tried it with the fighter. Are the Quadruple Slash, et al, unavailable until Raseir?

Thanks, Erpy!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 am

Yes, the multi-toss is thief-exclusive. Officially, the powered-up flamedart is mage-exclusive, but by setting the right globalint to the right value, it's possible to set the "can be charged-up" bit. The master techs are indeed limited to the two end-game battles (they're not even programmed into other battles) and they can be enabled by setting the right globalint number to the right value rather than having the djinni raise specific stats. (but only for the two endgame battles) Then again, accessing those battles from the combat select also gives you all three master techs. And you can always experience all those things by altering your class on-the-fly.