I II III NES 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
IV V VI SNES 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
VII VIII IX PS1 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
X XI XII PS2 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Best era in Final Fantasy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 am 
Knight Status

I was over at Caves of Narshe and they had a poll like this but I thought mine would be done a bit differently instead of post VI and pre VI I thought I'd do it by system or as they shall appear by threes with exception of the remakes for DS PSone and PSP.

Post subject: Re: Best era in Final Fantasy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 pm 
Royal Servant Status

SNES

It may be "Good 'Ol Day Syndrome" but the interface, timing and story of those three are tops for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

Personally, I find it better to focus on the end of each era combined rather than one era as a whole for a superior gaming experience.

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am 
Trusty Riding Saurus

I think all those eras got just one good game, and the rest were pretty meh. I'll vote for the last one, because Final Fantasy X is the best they've done, even though Final Fantasy X-2 also belongs to that era and it's the worst ever. On second thought, I'll pass. There's no clear winner.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:10 am 
Knight Status

Well I have to differ 6 was the best. 7 was overrated crap even though I still like it it was the worst. 10 Well it was an effort but no real bling to it. They took out massive 3d worlds to fly over with an airship and made one long strait shot road that you basically go strait through one of the things they could of done is like Secret of Mana use a separate world map to fly over.Than the stupid map that appears with a cursor. All 10 has is a good story and graphics to make up for lack of three things. 1. no 3d world map for the airship. 2. A lousy rock song that serves as an alarm clock on my phone instead of a beautiful love song like 8 and 9. 3.none of the music even sounds close to Final Fantasy music except the I forget if it had the traditional chocobo music or not. can't judge 12 yet though cause I haven't played it yet but 7 and 10 are far from the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:32 am 
Trusty Riding Saurus

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:
Well I have to differ 6 was the best. 7 was overrated crap even though I still like it it was the worst. 10 Well it was an effort but no real bling to it. They took out massive 3d worlds to fly over with an airship and made one long strait shot road that you basically go strait through one of the things they could of done is like Secret of Mana use a separate world map to fly over.Than the stupid map that appears with a cursor. All 10 has is a good story and graphics to make up for lack of three things. 1. no 3d world map for the airship. 2. A lousy rock song that serves as an alarm clock on my phone instead of a beautiful love song like 8 and 9. 3.none of the music even sounds close to Final Fantasy music except the I forget if it had the traditional chocobo music or not. can't judge 12 yet though cause I haven't played it yet but 7 and 10 are far from the best.
Well, it seems it's a matter of tastes, because your Top 4 are the ones I enjoyed the least, and my Top 4 are the ones you enjoy the least. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm 
Slacker of Shapeir

I prefer the Snes period because I enjoyed both IV and VI and in the other ones I enjoyed only one title in the. I think V and VIII are the worst to be honest. X was different but at least it was playable different not like X-2 or Crystal Chronicles.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:25 am 
Knight Status

Too hard of a choice to make, really. I thought VII was okay, and yes, highly overrated. But then again, I played VII about 8 years after it's release, so it may have been just me. I and II I really liked a lot too, and IX is one of my all time favorites. Too hard to choose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm 
Knight Status

well 7 was the first game i ever beat and I still think it's one of the best games ever made. It's the only one of the series that's actually a challenge. even if you have 3 characters at level 99 it's still hard to beat the weapons. Plus i'll never forget playing over and over trying to get Barrett to ask you out on a date. 10 was really good but i wish it gave you more freedom. I didn't like how you simply follow a path instead of walking around an open world. I also felt the bosses were too easy. Especially the final ones I remember hitting them for about 200000 with titus.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:40 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

I found VII to be one of the easiest FFs :\ X was easier though. Hardest FF goes to II.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 am 
Knight Status

Hmm, why do you say II was hard? The level system?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

mostly that it wasn't broken into section. You have to go left from the first town to encounter level 2 mobs... otherwise there level 15. Stuff like that.

4/5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:42 am 
Peasant Status

Been playing FF since the very beginning when it first came out on the north american markets. I traded my bionic commando for it and never looked back.

Snes era had the stories that were not over done yet which is why i voted there. FF2 (4j) by far best FF for me.
X-2 is the only FF i haven't completed due to the fact i just cant get into it.
I didn't think 7 was overrated i would say 8 got that title 9 they tried to go back to basics..

12 was good too but i had trouble recognizing it as a FF because im an old man and i likes old man things like a seperate screen for fighting my battles.

Personally i feel like abit of the talent and feeling of the ff series went poof when squaresoft became squarenix just my oppinion.