Best era in Final Fantasy

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Favorate Final Fantasy era

I II III NES
No votes
IV V VI SNES
45%
VII VIII IX PS1
45%
X XI XII PS2
9%

Total votes: 11

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Best era in Final Fantasy

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 am

I was over at Caves of Narshe and they had a poll like this but I thought mine would be done a bit differently instead of post VI and pre VI I thought I'd do it by system or as they shall appear by threes with exception of the remakes for DS PSone and PSP.

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

Re: Best era in Final Fantasy

#2 Post by Muadeeb » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 pm

SNES

It may be "Good 'Ol Day Syndrome" but the interface, timing and story of those three are tops for me.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Personally, I find it better to focus on the end of each era combined rather than one era as a whole for a superior gaming experience.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am

I think all those eras got just one good game, and the rest were pretty meh. I'll vote for the last one, because Final Fantasy X is the best they've done, even though Final Fantasy X-2 also belongs to that era and it's the worst ever. On second thought, I'll pass. There's no clear winner.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#5 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:10 am

Well I have to differ 6 was the best. 7 was overrated crap even though I still like it it was the worst. 10 Well it was an effort but no real bling to it. They took out massive 3d worlds to fly over with an airship and made one long strait shot road that you basically go strait through one of the things they could of done is like Secret of Mana use a separate world map to fly over.Than the stupid map that appears with a cursor. All 10 has is a good story and graphics to make up for lack of three things. 1. no 3d world map for the airship. 2. A lousy rock song that serves as an alarm clock on my phone instead of a beautiful love song like 8 and 9. 3.none of the music even sounds close to Final Fantasy music except the I forget if it had the traditional chocobo music or not. can't judge 12 yet though cause I haven't played it yet but 7 and 10 are far from the best.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:32 am

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:Well I have to differ 6 was the best. 7 was overrated crap even though I still like it it was the worst. 10 Well it was an effort but no real bling to it. They took out massive 3d worlds to fly over with an airship and made one long strait shot road that you basically go strait through one of the things they could of done is like Secret of Mana use a separate world map to fly over.Than the stupid map that appears with a cursor. All 10 has is a good story and graphics to make up for lack of three things. 1. no 3d world map for the airship. 2. A lousy rock song that serves as an alarm clock on my phone instead of a beautiful love song like 8 and 9. 3.none of the music even sounds close to Final Fantasy music except the I forget if it had the traditional chocobo music or not. can't judge 12 yet though cause I haven't played it yet but 7 and 10 are far from the best.
Well, it seems it's a matter of tastes, because your Top 4 are the ones I enjoyed the least, and my Top 4 are the ones you enjoy the least. :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm

I prefer the Snes period because I enjoyed both IV and VI and in the other ones I enjoyed only one title in the. I think V and VIII are the worst to be honest. X was different but at least it was playable different not like X-2 or Crystal Chronicles.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#8 Post by greensenshi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:25 am

Too hard of a choice to make, really. I thought VII was okay, and yes, highly overrated. But then again, I played VII about 8 years after it's release, so it may have been just me. I and II I really liked a lot too, and IX is one of my all time favorites. Too hard to choose.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#9 Post by PotatoSlayer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm

well 7 was the first game i ever beat and I still think it's one of the best games ever made. It's the only one of the series that's actually a challenge. even if you have 3 characters at level 99 it's still hard to beat the weapons. Plus i'll never forget playing over and over trying to get Barrett to ask you out on a date. 10 was really good but i wish it gave you more freedom. I didn't like how you simply follow a path instead of walking around an open world. I also felt the bosses were too easy. Especially the final ones I remember hitting them for about 200000 with titus.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#10 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:40 am

I found VII to be one of the easiest FFs :\ X was easier though. Hardest FF goes to II.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#11 Post by greensenshi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 am

Hmm, why do you say II was hard? The level system?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#12 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am

mostly that it wasn't broken into section. You have to go left from the first town to encounter level 2 mobs... otherwise there level 15. Stuff like that.

CalJS
Peasant Status

#13 Post by CalJS » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:42 am

Been playing FF since the very beginning when it first came out on the north american markets. I traded my bionic commando for it and never looked back.

Snes era had the stories that were not over done yet which is why i voted there. FF2 (4j) by far best FF for me.
X-2 is the only FF i haven't completed due to the fact i just cant get into it.
I didn't think 7 was overrated i would say 8 got that title 9 they tried to go back to basics..

12 was good too but i had trouble recognizing it as a FF because im an old man and i likes old man things like a seperate screen for fighting my battles.

Personally i feel like abit of the talent and feeling of the ff series went poof when squaresoft became squarenix just my oppinion.