no saves?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

night-owl
Peasant Status

no saves?

#1 Post by night-owl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi.
Excellent job- i've played the previous versio of the remake- it was great, ad this one promises to be fabulous.
I have but one question, though.
How come i don't have save files? I seem to save a game but when i try to restore it- there appear to be no games saved.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Regards,
NO

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: no saves?

#2 Post by DrJones » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Do you use Windows Vista? If so, I think the answer it's already in the FAQ.

night-owl
Peasant Status

#3 Post by night-owl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Hmm, nope, i use xp. I can't find the answer in either faqs or the manuals orthe read-me, unless i mised something. ?
There is no save folder in the game folder (i'm not sure was there ever was one for this game, been a while since i played the previous version).

Thanks.

PS: I guess this belongs to the technical forums.Sorry for misposting.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Take a look at any of these two threads to see if they solve your issue:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12498
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12000

night-owl
Peasant Status

#5 Post by night-owl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:33 pm

No, unfortunately these don't appear to solve it. I identified the problem-save file was moved to a different location. For some reason it moved to "my documents". Now, I had made a couple of saves. There was only one wrtten on hard drive and as far as I checked there are no other saves anywhere else-not in the C:\users, C:'documents and settings\application data. Morevoer,after i moved the save file I encountered to the proper location in the game folder, the game still wouldn't read the file. The save file itself could be run, though. It launched as a separate application... But since no other files were encountered i can;t seem to save any other files. Nor can i overwrite the existing file. I'm rather stumped.

It's windows xp service pack 3 that i'm running- does this fact make any difference?