Kings quest 2 what features will we get

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

Re: Kings quest 2 what features will we get

#26 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:36 am

LP I was just blowimg steam I just dont agree with how this is done at lest resaure people itll be out no news no nothing this is the kinda thing that made me doubt QFG2vga completion AGDI should take a lesson from TSL in PR
\

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#27 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:54 am

Aw I was just kidding. I figured that was obvious when I suggested vandalizing your friends furniture and brain washing yourself into thinking you're Hunter S. Thompson.
Sorry, I forget that not everyone shares my sense of humour :\

Knight Status

#28 Post by 1234567890 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Aw I was just kidding. I figured that was obvious when I suggested vandalizing your friends furniture and brain washing yourself into thinking you're Hunter S. Thompson.
Sorry, I forget that not everyone shares my sense of humour :\
WOW! I litterally was like :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol !!!! That was SO funny!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#29 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:03 am

Seriously, AMG. Stop being so annoying. And I'm not just talking about the rest of us. You should know from experience that AGD2 in particular doesn't take kindly to nagging "hurry up!" posts. And I personally find it highly annoying as well. Especially from a member like yourself who's been here for quite a while now. You're experience in waiting for QFG2 should reassure you in itself that the AGDs finish whatever they start. So just sit down, clam up, and wait. It'll come out before you die. Really.

Now this should get locked.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#30 Post by greensenshi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:08 am

Honestly, they should be left alone even more considering what happened in Australia. I'd think worrying if your house is going to burn down takes a greater priority over retooling a game that you're doing for free.

haradan
Knight Status

#31 Post by haradan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:14 am

AsianMusicGuy wrote:LP I was just blowimg steam I just dont agree with how this is done at lest resaure people itll be out no news no nothing this is the kinda thing that made me doubt QFG2vga completion AGDI should take a lesson from TSL in PR
\
AGDI should take a lesson from TSL? Really? I forgot already how long it's been since TSL announced their "imminent release". The Vivendi deal was like, I don't know, more than 1 year ago and we still don't see the game. AGDI has released 3 full games, with several versions of the first two, including the fantastic last version of KQ1, which was no small effort.

Unless you are upset about Royal Quest never coming out, I don't think we can reproach AGDI anything.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#32 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:35 am

haradan wrote:
AsianMusicGuy wrote:LP I was just blowimg steam I just dont agree with how this is done at lest resaure people itll be out no news no nothing this is the kinda thing that made me doubt QFG2vga completion AGDI should take a lesson from TSL in PR
\
AGDI should take a lesson from TSL? Really? I forgot already how long it's been since TSL announced their "imminent release". The Vivendi deal was like, I don't know, more than 1 year ago and we still don't see the game. AGDI has released 3 full games, with several versions of the first two, including the fantastic last version of KQ1, which was no small effort.

Unless you are upset about Royal Quest never coming out, I don't think we can reproach AGDI anything.
ag but AGDI is using VGA grahics and reproducing old gamesTSL is unsung full 3d and adabting a RPG abd starting from square one striving for top quilty the rease for TSL is march BTW

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#33 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:02 am

I'll believe "top-quality" from TSL when I see it. The demo, while nice and I did enjoy, was thoroughly amateur. I think AGDI's PR is just fine. They don't seem to have any problem getting people to download their games at all.

Any of these groups making free games owe people SQUAT in the way of "PR". Anything you get is frosting on a free cake.

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#34 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:27 am

AGDI should take a lesson from TSL in PR? I admit their PR efforts were done well, but they did announce stuff they are now unable to deliver, meaning your PR ends up bouncing back and biting you in the bottom. AGDI hasn't had to do that if you don't count Royal Quest which was not called off because we couldn't deliver it, but because we felt it would hurt our own interests.

TSL is scheduled for may to come out, btw, not march. They're using a third party engine too although one that's less suited for adventures and they switched engines at some point, which probably resulted in delay. They're making an adventure, not an adventure-RPG. QFG2VGA was an adventure-RPG which is why it took so much work to complete. TSL's getting ready to release their first game, we've finished 2 KQ-remakes, 1 QFG remake, 1 original game that was also started from scratch and 1 revamp of the first game with completely revamped art. Really, it's not like we've been doing nothing. Kindly get your facts straight too.

AGDI may be sparse with updates, but we always finish what we start and always deliver more than we promise. (unless you can recall us hyping people up in advance with extra minigames and sidequests in QFG2 or completely redrawn backgrounds in KQ1VGA 4.0)

Speaking of KQ1VGA 4.0...it's only been released for a month. Don't be so impatient. And please stop nagging. If QFG2 and KQ1VGA 4.0 didn't convince you we finish what we promise, you're just trying to force a release date out of us. Why the heck should we make another promise it'll be out? Don't we have a track record already?

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#35 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Erpy wrote:AGDI should take a lesson from TSL in PR? I admit their PR efforts were done well, but they did announce stuff they are now unable to deliver, meaning your PR ends up bouncing back and biting you in the bottom. AGDI hasn't had to do that if you don't count Royal Quest which was not called off because we couldn't deliver it, but because we felt it would hurt our own interests.

TSL is scheduled for may to come out, btw, not march. They're using a third party engine too although one that's less suited for adventures and they switched engines at some point, which probably resulted in delay. They're making an adventure, not an adventure-RPG. QFG2VGA was an adventure-RPG which is why it took so much work to complete. TSL's getting ready to release their first game, we've finished 2 KQ-remakes, 1 QFG remake, 1 original game that was also started from scratch and 1 revamp of the first game with completely revamped art. Really, it's not like we've been doing nothing. Kindly get your facts straight too.

AGDI may be sparse with updates, but we always finish what we start and always deliver more than we promise. (unless you can recall us hyping people up in advance with extra minigames and sidequests in QFG2 or completely redrawn backgrounds in KQ1VGA 4.0)

Speaking of KQ1VGA 4.0...it's only been released for a month. Don't be so impatient. And please stop nagging. If QFG2 and KQ1VGA 4.0 didn't convince you we finish what we promise, you're just trying to force a release date out of us. Why the heck should we make another promise it'll be out? Don't we have a track record already?

Bice deffense :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#36 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Bo problem.

But seriously, you've been around these forums long enough to know that "hurry up" posts yield no results whatsoever. Keep that in mind.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#37 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:14 pm

i just wanted to get your goat :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#38 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Why did you want to get my goat?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#39 Post by DrJones » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 pm

So that you cannot use it against him.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#40 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:46 pm

lol damn straight

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#41 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm

1234567890 wrote: WOW! I litterally was like :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol !!!! That was SO funny!
I was just being silly, no need to be like that :(

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#42 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm

If you wanted to get his goat, just use a carrot. Jeez, have you learned nothing from playing King's Quest? You have bo adventure gaming skills!

Bt

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#43 Post by Brainiac » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:If you wanted to get his goat, just use a carrot. Jeez, have you learned nothing from playing King's Quest? You have bo adventure gaming skills!
Gah, Bt beat me to it! :p

Yonkey
Royal Servant Status

#44 Post by Yonkey » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:54 pm

And just to chime in here, I don't think AGDI needs to take a lesson from TSL in PR either. We've had skeptics and naysayers doubt the release of our game just as long as any other fangame team. And, we've also had months & years where no news was posted publicly to indicate any kind of update on game progress.

Besides, as Erpy mentioned, AGDI has released 3 games, while our team has yet to release its first. We've put out demo builds, but as far as our first full-length game goes, it'll only arrive publicly this summer. Like Erpy mentioned, we also have to deal with the fact that the remaining chapters will most likely never see the light of day.

As for KQ2VGA, I think it's pretty obvious that it won't take years to release. Mainly because the game itself is already complete and they're just polishing up some stuff. They're not adding new functionality or doing any massive amount or re-work that would take years to finish.

EDIT: Grammar.
Last edited by Yonkey on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knight Status

#45 Post by 1234567890 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:09 am

Lady Pyro wrote:
1234567890 wrote: WOW! I litterally was like :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol !!!! That was SO funny!
I was just being silly, no need to be like that :(
lol! I was in a good mood, and I like random silly stuff, espeially reading it!

Yonkey wrote:And just to chime in here, I don't think AGDI needs to take a lesson from TSL in PR either. We've had skeptics and naysayers doubt the release of our game just as long as any other fangame team. And, we've also had months & years where no news was posted publicly to indicate any kind of update on game progress. Besides, as Erpy mentioned, AGDI has released 3 games, while our team has yes to release its first. We've put out demo builds, but as far as our first full-length game goes, it'll only arrive publicly this summer. Like Erpy mentioned, we also have to deal with the fact that the remaining chapters will most likely never see the light of day.

As for KQ2VGA, I think it's pretty obvious that it won't take years to release. Mainly because the game itself is already complete and they're just polishing up some stuff. They're not adding new functionality or doing any massive amount or re-work that would take years to finish.
Yeah, hey Yonkey! Yeah, I think I have said on the Tsl forum, I know people doubted AGDI when they first started (At least I think), and I know people doubted TSL, but AGDI is standing a bit better I think, PR wise. Though I am a loyal fan to both projects, I do think both projects will work, how the hell could either one not work? Tsl has evidance, (sp?) we have seen stuff, we trust that the game is in the final sstages, and all that, and we know you aren't kidding when you say it's coming this summer. AGDI has what... 4 compleated games? (Including Al Emmo) So, as you said, how the heck could they fail, and they aren't even making a new game. Just remaking a remake of an old game.
Brainiac wrote:
Blackthorne519 wrote:If you wanted to get his goat, just use a carrot. Jeez, have you learned nothing from playing King's Quest? You have bo adventure gaming skills!
Gah, Bt beat me to it! :p
Duh, and if you come across a Yetti, throw the pie at it! I just saw one yesterday! It's a dangerous world out there! :rollin

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#46 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:57 am

1234567890 wrote:Duh, and if you come across a Yetti, throw the pie at it!
Yeah. Or, you know, confuse one with a good cave maze.
[/random]

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#47 Post by Lady Pyro » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Oh sorry! I thought you were being sarcastic. My Bad!
This is why I'm not allowed on the internet I suppose... :p

Knight Status

#48 Post by 1234567890 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:14 pm

It's ok/.