Fighting Ad Avis

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Dan W.
Peasant Status

Fighting Ad Avis

#1 Post by Dan W. » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 am

I have escaped the statue, knocked over the candle and knocked over the brazier but I keep getting hit by Ad Avis's magic and then destroyed no matter what I do. I did not have this problem in the original Quest for Glory 2 game. Never mind, I was able to finally succeed by letting all the candles be lit but one but it still seems like there may be a timing issue with the final battle.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Fighting Ad Avis

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 am

You're a wizard with Reversal, aren't you? You were on the right track, but the brazier was probably knocked over the wrong way. It has to be knocked into Ad Avis to defeat him. In order to do that, you'll either need to do a bumper shot or stand in a different place.

Dan W.
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Dan W. » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I was a fighter. Thanks for your reply.

Rbetieh
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Rbetieh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 am

Yeah, I ran into this too,

If you are a fighter that went to WIT and got reversal, you have to beat the game the Wizard way, as far as I could tell.

One question, if you make a Fighter/Thief but your class is Fighter (cuz you like nifty combat moves, and you wish you werent forced to pick up your shield when you travel to raseir cus you wanted to beat Khaveen with daggers >: >: >: :D ), if you use the rope at the Raseir palace, do you use the thief endgame or the Fighter endgame?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 am

You'll get to the thief endgame if you enter the palace through the balcony, have at least one more charge in your magic rope, have at least 4 daggers and have the stealth-skill. Otherwise, you'll have to beat him the fighter way...mano a mano. (trust me, daggers wouldn't work well...due to Khaveen's high armor rating, they'd barely scratch him and he'd still beat you into submission)

Rbetieh
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Rbetieh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Ok, but did you have to prevent fighting him without shield in combat mode?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:19 pm

In the EGA version, the fight with Khaveen was also sword&shield only. (if you challenged him without a shield, he just called his guards) The idea was indeed to have the fight rely only on melee skills and no projectiles or dazzle/zap allowed.

Rbetieh
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Rbetieh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 pm

You are very much correct, but that was because the only reason to drop the shield in the EGA version was because you had magic, and if you had magic you had Calm, so it wasnt a deal-breaker, there was no Dagger toss. Now there is, and if you are already dishonorable (killing Walid, etc etc) there is no reason not to cheat in combat by tossing a few daggers....(hey im not so dishonorable that Id kill the man in cold blood, I just like to cheat in combat).