Adventuregamers awards QFG2!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

Adventuregamers awards QFG2!

#1 Post by eriqchang » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 am

The great Jack Allin over at Adventuregamers wanted to send everyone on the Quest for Glory II project a big shout out for their hard work - Quest for Glory II has won an Adventuregamers' "Aggie" award!

Surf on over to Adventuregamers.com and check out the full line-up of winners in this special awards ceremony.

Thank you Adventuregamers! :rollin

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Adventuregamers awards QFG2!

#2 Post by DrJones » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 am

And it won the best award it could have won! The only one, that is. :)

Cheers, AGDi!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 am

Congratulations! It's well deserved!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:04 am

Awesomeness. :D

Knight Status

#5 Post by 1234567890 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Great job!

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:09 pm

It really deserved the award!! Finally a more representative award process that we can take seriously because it didn't only include votes from a small handful of active forum members. As Jackal from AG said in a comment he posted on the site, "Bear in mind this wasn't simply a forum poll. Whether silent or active, forum members represent only a small part of AG's overall reader-base, so these poll results include plenty of other people out there we don't generally hear from. Not everyone who casts a ballot attends the rallies. :D"

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#7 Post by Klytos » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Let the AGS awards bone drop, pbpb33. Nobody really cares anymore.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#8 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:41 pm

You did not revive a 5 month old thread just to make more digs and jabs at AGS awards, did you? Actually all your posts thus far have been obnoxious, whiney, and annoying. Wise up or go away.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 pm

I added the comment from Jackal which helped explain how that awards process was different than others, like the AGS Awards, which I don't believe mean very much. Jackal's response was a valid and substantive comment to add, regardless of when the thread was created. It's not as if this forum is overflowing with new posts.

If I've let even a few people know more about the AGS Awards and the concerns that many people have about the AGS Awards, then I'm happy.

No, I'm not going anywhere. I have never personally insulted anyone nor done anything other than offer my respectful opinion as a fan of AGDI. Others may want to "wise up" and get used to the idea that you may be seeing more posts from me in the future.

Take care.
MusicallyInspired wrote:Actually all your posts thus far have been obnoxious, whiney, and annoying. Wise up or go away.
Last edited by pbpb33 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:18 pm

like the AGS Awards, which I don't believe mean very much
If you don't believe those awards mean very much, then there's no reason to keep dragging the matter into the spotlight, is there? Like I said, for QFG2VGA's download count, it wouldn't have mattered whether we would have received no AGS awards or 6 of them...the people who attended or viewed those awards most likely knew about the game beforehand already.
If I've let even a few people know more about the AGS Awards and the concerns that many people have about the AGS Awards, then I'm happy.
Fair enough, but I think the people hanging around here who read this thread have also read your remarks in the other thread, so I'm not sure if spreading the matter out over multiple threads and drawing it out will make much of a difference in terms of how many people you'll reach with your opinions.

The more you draw it out, the less seriously people will take your comments, regardless of how well you construct them. The best thing you can do is wait until we release another game and rally people to vote for our project in the AGS awards....that is, if you think they can be taken seriously enough to be worth bothering with.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 pm

I simply made a comment on a thread someone else started. It was very much in line and related to the previous posts in the thread, and it offered some additional insight into the Aggie (not to be confused with the AGS Awards) awards process.

What I think is more harmful to creating an environment where people are free to respectfully and forcefully state their opinions is when people in multiple threads call different people obnoxious, argue over grammar, tell people to go away, etc.

In any case, I look forward to the next round of AGS Awards, even if in the past I have not held the AGS Awards in high esteem. If AGDI has a new title in the running at that time, then I look forward to playing a part in the awards process as a voter and as someone who could rally others to vote. I'm sure a little effort on various sites could be made to drum up some support.
Erpy wrote:
like the AGS Awards, which I don't believe mean very much
If you don't believe those awards mean very much, then there's no reason to keep dragging the matter into the spotlight, is there? Like I said, for QFG2VGA's download count, it wouldn't have mattered whether we would have received no AGS awards or 6 of them...the people who attended or viewed those awards most likely knew about the game beforehand already.
Last edited by pbpb33 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 pm

pbpb33 wrote:Others may want to "wise up" and get used to the idea that you may be seeing more posts from me in the future.

Take care.
Ok, I'm calling it.

TROLL!

/time wasted on troll

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 pm

You directed a rude comment at me, and you deserved that response. I'm not going to take kindly to someone telling me to go away. Someone disagreeing with you does not make them a troll. Rather than going around criticizing the way people write, why not try sticking to NON-personal, substantive comments about games, game awards, game development, etc.
MusicallyInspired wrote:Actually all your posts thus far have been obnoxious, whiney, and annoying. Wise up or go away.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#14 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Peace and love guys, peace and love. :hat