Flowers

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Elizabeth
Peasant Status

Flowers

#1 Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:32 am

I'm playing as a thief and don't want to be a paladin. Will giving out flowers to Shema, Uhura, etc. raise any other skills besides Honor, or do I not need them if I'm not trying to raise Honor?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Flowers

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:55 am

Giving flowers raises honor and communication. They're a nice way of giving your honor an extra boost. Other ways include doing good deeds and being polite to people.

Elizabeth
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 pm

But if I make my thief give out flowers to raise communication, can I still make him flirt with Dinarzad in order to avoid becoming a paladin?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Becoming a paladin in Quest for Glory 2 requires more than just having a high Honor stat, and I'm pretty sure that by playing with a thief, you'll do at least one thing that disqualifies you from ever getting that honor.

But even in the weird case you didn't do any of those things afterall, you can decline the offer, so just don't worry about it and give flowers to whatever you please. Also, kiss Shema after the dance. :p

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Flirting with Dinarzad shouldn't interfere with becoming a Paladin. It's pretty much everything else that a Thief does that will do it.

Plus peeping on princesses or attacking griffins can do it (though that last is only a show-stopper for Thieves).

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin? The point of being a thief is to steal and backstab. And while I do enjoy the entirley imaginary conflict of interest that my thief/doctor experiences, I can't see it being much fun to avoid half the game for the sake of honour.
I don't mean that to be rude, I'm genuinly curious at the choice.

Elizabeth
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin? The point of being a thief is to steal and backstab. And while I do enjoy the entirley imaginary conflict of interest that my thief/doctor experiences, I can't see it being much fun to avoid half the game for the sake of honour.
I don't mean that to be rude, I'm genuinly curious at the choice.
I wrote that I DON'T want my thief to be a paladin. :p What I was asking is if giving out flowers helps any other skill besides honor. If it only helps honor, I wasn't going to spend money on flowers since I'm not trying to raise honor. But some mentioned that it also raises communication, so I might give out flowers to help the communication stat.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Brainiac » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin?
It's a good way to get a Pallie with every Skill since Thieves start with all but two Skills at the start. Plus the challenge of getting a "full" 500-point Thief-Paladin can be quite appealing.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Breaking into even one house is enough to get a permanent disqualification for paladinhood, even if you're so nice you end up with 200 honor points.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Elizabeth wrote: I wrote that I DON'T want my thief to be a paladin. :p What I was asking is if giving out flowers helps any other skill besides honor. If it only helps honor, I wasn't going to spend money on flowers since I'm not trying to raise honor. But some mentioned that it also raises communication, so I might give out flowers to help the communication stat.
You know, I knew that when I read the first few posts, then as soon as I started typing it I totally forgot.
Also, One of these days I'm going to learn how to read :P

I think my thief ended with 200 honour, but I think that was a side effect of my need for maxed communications.

Elizabeth
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:You know, I knew that when I read the first few posts, then as soon as I started typing it I totally forgot..
:p It's okay.

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Ajanhuiri » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 pm

So indeed (and I'll check) breaking into Issur's shop is a automatic disqualifier, right? I just wanted to make sure because I noticed while playing my stat-maxed thief (non-paladin) that the honor ding (occurring after maxed honor) was only -1 for thieving the weapons shop while it was -9 for breaking into the first house. Issur is kind of a douchebag and it seems the game respected that fact. If it's paladin disqualifier though, I've leave it out of my other play-throughs.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#13 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes, it's a paladin disqualifier and I believe it's also impossible to enter there without Dinarzad directing you there, which she won't unless you've finished the metalworker's break-in job, which already declared you honorless.

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Ajanhuiri » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the FYI.