Regarding donations

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

v1ryus
Peasant Status

Regarding donations

#1 Post by v1ryus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 am

Hi AGD developer team,

I had gone by your website when you first proposed to make the remake of QFG II, and I wanted to say what a great and wonderful gift to have given to the Sierra fan base. I'm actually so thankful, like many others probably, that I want to donate something in order to keep you guys motivated and to bring us more quality gaming. I was hoping if there is, or perhaps if there could be, a paypal donation link on this website? If there is one could you please post? If there isn't could you please put one up. :) I've been playing these classic games since I was in junior high (almost 20 years ago) and I'd hate to see people forget about them. I know I never will!

v1ryus

ps
This is not one of the AGD developers trying to garner sympathy for donations! This is actually a real fan! LOL

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Regarding donations

#2 Post by Broomie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 am

If you donate $19.99 than you get a free game from Himalaya Studios!

https://secure.plimus.com/jsp/branded_s ... rId=486322

But seriously, if you want to show your support, buying this game will do that as it's AGDI's sister, commercial company. It's run by the same people so it's the best way of supporting AGDI! It's a great game, too!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 am

AGDI can't receive monetery compensation for their games as the legal ramifications would be severe. You can, however as Broomie here said, purchase their original commercial game under their Himalaya Studios banner.

Knight Status

#4 Post by 1234567890 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:AGDI can't receive monetery compensation for their games as the legal ramifications would be severe. You can, however as Broomie here said, purchase their original commercial game under their Himalaya Studios banner.
plus... then you get a free game, to show that you gave something, a rather good game from what I have heard. ( I haven't bought it yet)

v1ryus
Peasant Status

#5 Post by v1ryus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:29 am

Oh I would never dream of compensating AGDI for remaking the game. I would however like to compensate them for their talents in being able to remake them. The talents, themselves, are sole intellectual property of the developers. My show of appreciation I suppose. I hope my original post wasn't construed as anything near to copyright infringement; of which I will never condone in any sense. However, I will definitely check out Himalaya's commercial game!

Thanks,
v1ryus

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:24 am

I know you have good intentions. There was nothing wrong with what you said. It doesn't really matter how or why you give AGDI the money, though, the fact that they're getting money because of the games is reason enough to come down with the great "cease and desist" hammer. Especially so if AGDI even had a paypal donations button on the website.

Nothing wrong with supporting their own games, though. That certainly helps :).