Aziza/Ad Avis dialog tree.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JoshRotella
Peasant Status

Aziza/Ad Avis dialog tree.

#1 Post by JoshRotella » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to learn about Ad Avis earlier in the game, and I thought I had a way from the EGA game, but it doesn't pop up in the dialog trees like I thought it would. If you ask most people about the desert, they will tell you about the monsters there. If you ask Aziza about the desert, she'll mention the djinn, which you never encounter, except at the end, in the forbidden city. But if you directly ask Aziza about monsters, she'll tell you that the worst kind of monster is a man who calls himself a friend in order to betray. If you then ask about the man, she'll tell you about an old buddy of hers, Ad Avis. But at no time does this open a dialog tree; you have to manually type each question. Is there such a thing, or is it entirely hidden?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Aziza/Ad Avis dialog tree.

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:56 pm

No, there is none as far as I know. The p&c trees only show the most common questions, but the parser is needed in order to access every line of dialogue a character has. Aziza makes a few references to Ad Avis, but that's all. You officially learn about Ad Avis from Al Scurva when you dispell him and he tells you it was his master who turned him into a monster and left him to die.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Aziza/Ad Avis dialog tree.

#3 Post by DrJones » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:36 am

The parser is too good. I've played with just dialog trees after having tested the combo parser + tree and it felt as if I had lost a limb. :p

And I constantly forgot about Al Scurva's name and that other man who gets arrested. I'm really bad at remembering names, and they aren't important enough to have an entry on the dialog tree, so I kept their names written as save files to have my own in-game "notebook". :lol