QFG II 1.3 ?????

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

QFG II 1.3 ?????

#1 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 am

I was reading some topics and in a response to a bug, you wrote something along the lines of it being put "on the list" does this mean there will someday be a 1.3 version? And what's all on this "list" of yours to fix? Just interested... :)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: QFG II 1.3 ?????

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:50 am

If we can find the time to implement fixes for all the bugs that have been found since v1.1, then we'll hopefully release a v1.2 at some point. However, updating the game at this juncture means we'd also have to covert the game over to the AGS 3.0 engine, which opens up the potential for more bugs of a technical nature, since a lot was changed between AGS2.72 and 3.0.

The unfortunate fact is that the large majority of people will only ever download the very first version of a remake and never return to re-download the improved versions. So it's not always a good time investment to spend tons of extra work improving something that only a handful of people will appreciate.

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm glad that you will even consider improving your various game's quirks and bugs, most game companies are simply like "Oh, that's too bad our game has problems, but we already got your money from you buying it so we could care less"

I really appreciate all that AGD has done in this regard

gamecreator
Knight Status

#4 Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:updating the game at this juncture means we'd also have to covert the game over to the AGS 3.0 engine
Could you share why this is? Are some of the bugs only fixable with new features in 3.0?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Just for consistency with the new King's Quest I and King's Quest II releases. So that the game will be Vista-compatible and so that the logo movies will work under emulators like Wine.

It's also easier to keep track of bugs, crashes, and operating system issues if we're using the latest version of the AGS engine, since that's the version Chris Jones is actively developing.

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:37 am

You might as well wait to overhaul everything into a new version of AGS until whatever will replace Vista replaces it, or whatever replaces the replacer as well, and get it to work for that, the hard work would be FAR more worth it!

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Tifas Revenge » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:28 pm

The game runs fine in Windows 7 x64 for me :)

Rallor
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Rallor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Im still longing for the direct 3d 9 option that the Kings Quest remake remakes have, as the game looks horrible in fullscreen on my wide screen monitor.
However performance is lacking when playing in higher resolution windows, so my first playthrough took place using a tiny window.
The Kings Quest remake remakes can run in any resolution without performance loss with the direct 3d 9 mode on.

I would greatly appreciate the effort.

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:49 pm

I think Salt should have a response to showing him the Saurus Foot Trashcan, just a random idea I had :P