A LITTLE help here...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

lipucd
Peasant Status

A LITTLE help here...

#1 Post by lipucd » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 am

So today after a long play with QfG1 VGA I got the ending with a few points short of 500 ( 487 I think, rather decent for a first time I think ) and saved the game...Too bad it didn't give me a .SAV file...just a GLORYSG.00# file ( this one ending as 003 as it was the 4th save I've made. )...And because of that it's not importing over to your QfG2.

My qustion is two part:

1) Do I have to do anything doing the "ending" room to get my game to save as a .sav?

2) For that matter is QfG's save's suppose to be numbered like this? I had already tryed to rename the file extension to .sav and see if that would work but sad to say all I got was a big fat error...And I really do want to continue with my silly Fighter hybrid ( all my spells are under lv 20 in use except the "open" skill, that's because I just used it in any area I would otherwise need to lockpick or have a key for. ) I got done raising up, ad I'd hate to see a wall like this stop me ;-;

Well thanks if anyone can help me!

Oh yeah, uploading the file in case anyone can tell me what's wrong. ( file
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: A LITTLE help here...

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:54 am

If you waited until the entire ending played out (Yorick is meant to enter the room with a cartwheel and the hero flies away on a magic carpet with Abdulla and Shameen/Shema), you'll get the ability to export your hero. (an export file has the sav-extension and is only a few bytes, instead of the glorysg files which are actual savegames) Just type in a short name for the file without the a: in front of it to save it to the game folder.

adeyke

#3 Post by adeyke » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:45 am

IIRC, in order to get the chance to export, you have to just stop doing things for a while. It'll give you the opportunity to click everything you want to click, so in order to end the scene, you have to stop clicking things.

lipucd
Peasant Status

#4 Post by lipucd » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Ahh! Thank you both!
...For some reason I though I had to click on everything to continue...guess not ^^;.

Thanks again!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm

From my understanding of how that room is scripted it's on a timer for when Yorrick comes into the room. Each time a text box appears this timer pauses. So if you just wait in the room without clicking on anything the game will end in about 10 or 15 seconds. The resulting graphic is pretty awesome too (provided that you drove Baba Yaga to Mordavia and didn't leave her in Spielburg.