Quest for Glory I 2.5D Preview

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Quest for Glory I 2.5D Preview

#26 Post by DrJones » Sun May 03, 2009 12:27 am

I couldn't get past the startup screen, it just sits there for minutes while the memory use oscillates between 8Mb and 175Mb.

I suspect (and it's only a suspicion) that the problem it's due to an old java bug related to Direct3D and old ATI cards like mine. The only "workaround" to it was to disable Direct3D, weird as it sounds, as the bug actually affected any program, and not just the ones that used 3D. Of course, that workaround doesn't work for programs that actually make use of Direct3D.

That means that I can't playtest your game in this computer. Unless the problem is cause by a different bug I don't know.

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by AGP » Sun May 03, 2009 7:01 am

Did the other versions run on this computer? Because it's not like I changed compilers, and although I can (via OpenGL), I'm not making any direct calls to the video hardware.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by Blake00 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 am

This is a great idea mate. Your backgrounds are excellent!

Only big problems I had were the game crashing on the adventure options menu (walk, run, sleep, time of day etc). And most importantly I was unable to load the Erana's peace savegame (was lookin forward to seeing it! :P ) as nothing came up in the savefile list, clicking on 'Change directory' did nothing, and clicking on 'Restore' caused a crash. :(

Anything else I experienced was minor and will no doubt be fine in a more polished version. :)

Keep up the great work! :) Assuming the project is still active??

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by AGP » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks a lot for your comments. I've addressed some of those issues and will update the online build over the next few days. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the goblin fight (as well as the thread where I've been posting updates: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13791.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by Blake00 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 am

AGP wrote:Thanks a lot for your comments. I've addressed some of those issues and will update the online build over the next few days. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the goblin fight (as well as the thread where I've been posting updates: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13791.
Very glad to hear you're still working on the project. I'll post a proper reply in your other thread mate. :)