Live-action Adventure Game in New York City!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Pell
Peasant Status

Live-action Adventure Game in New York City!

#1 Post by Pell » Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 am

For those of you living in the greater NYC metro area (or who plan on being here next month sometime): I'm currently helping to produce a play entitled Adventure Quest, which combines vintage graphics and 8-bit music with live acting to evoke the world of '80s adventure gaming, particularly King's Quest and Quest for Glory. It will be going up next month in Brooklyn, New York; you can see more details on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=158844415264

and I've included dates and times for the show below.

The experimental theatre scene can be kind of an insular one, and we see this as a chance to bridge the gap between that world and the gaming world. Thus, we're hoping to bring in as many fans of these classic games as possible. Feel free to drop me a line with any questions about the show--my e-mail is chappell-underscore-c-{at}-earthlink-dot-net.

Kind regards,
Chris Chappell

ADVENTURE QUEST

Sat Jun 6 @ 5:30pm
Wed Jun 17 @ 8pm
Thu Jun 25 @ 7pm
Sat Jul 4 @ 5pm

The Brick Theater, 575 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, New York

Tickets can be purchased at http://www.bricktheater.com/antidepressant

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Live-action Adventure Game in New York City!

#2 Post by Brainiac » Wed May 13, 2009 1:28 pm

So this isn't an interactive thing like what Howard Sherman had planned if his Adventure Gaming Expo had gotten off the ground. It still looks interesting, though. I may have to call my sister (she has a theatre degree while I'm the gamer).